Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pink Han-bag
Beginner March 2013

Cheese wedding cakes

Pink Han-bag, 14 of January of 2013 at 17:56 Posted on Planning 0 16

I'm desperate for a cheese tower for our wedding, I was wondering what suppliers other people have/are using?

TIA

Hannah x

16 replies

Latest activity by MrsBtobe2016, 14 of January of 2014 at 22:44
  • TamarValleyGirl
    Beginner May 2013
    TamarValleyGirl ·
    • Hide content

We're using our local cheesemongers, who are these lovely people - https://countrycheeses.co.uk/ ? On the website they've got examples an everyfink - https://countrycheeses.co.uk//Cheesy_Wedding/documents/Weddingleaflet.pdf

Mmmmm cheeeese!

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

We're based in Essex and were going to use Guntons cheese in Colchester http://www.guntons.co.uk/

We're now able to order it through my step dad but they would have been our choice otherwise

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Here's one for you,from a wedding I shot

The thing with cheese as your cake is that it is a lot of cheese and you only need a small peice of cheese for it to be a lot to eat after your main meal, and not everyone likes cheese do they ? and what will you do with what is left over, I always buy too much cheese at Christmas

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
  • Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

Bill the cake is going to be part of our evening buffet, we're having some traditional buffet food for those more hungry or that don't like cheese and then the cheese tower. It won't be a massive one but leftovers aren't a problem, I know enough people that will help us out with them and we also have over a week between wedding and honeymoon so time to eat it!

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

Costco have a couple on their uk website (and a pork pie tower!). Im guessing theyd also have them in a store if theres one near you?

You need someone with a membership card though.

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/category/uk_catalog/cos_6,cos_6.6

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like a plan, when I see them I think they look great but also that's a LLLLLLLLLOT of cheese.

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    charlotteamy1984 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting one from Marks and Spencer - http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Cheese-Celebration/dp/B005KGODPW - not sure how the price compares to others but my nan gets 20% staff discount so is going to get ours as a gift. We are also having it with the evening food and having a traditional cake as our main wedding cake.

• mandunc14
    Beginner July 2014
    mandunc14 ·
    • Hide content

I think its an awesome idea. I loveee cheese and unlike the cake it would last longer. Sorry I can't help with the where to buy. Although have you thought of buying the cheese and doing it yourself? I would assume it can be done a day or two before?

Either way, fabulous idea

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

We like the M&S one but think we're going with Churchmouse Cheeses, seemed great value and a combo that had our faves in. Looking forward to a fridge full of cheese when we get back from honeymoon!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

We just enquired of a local deli. We normally get our "special" cheeses from there anyway and they cut it all from wheels. We went in a few weeks before to taste and choose and then they ordered in the full wheels for us. We decorated it with some cut figs and some bunches of grapes.

There wasn't anywhere local to me that would have done a proper cheese tower, so I had no choice, but I'm sure it worked out cheaper the way we did it.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Have you seen the ones in the Best Cake category in the Hitched Awards thread? There are some beauties there!

• fairyfay
    Beginner September 2012
    fairyfay ·
    • Hide content

We had the M&S one which was amazingly tasty im told, we never got around to having any!!!! This disappeared with around 130 guests we never had an evening buffet but guests helped thenselves to cheese with crackers and M&S Cutneys.

All Dressed up

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE this especially the mice peeping out of the cheese heart - it is on my shortlist for the Cake award but there are too many fantastic cakes to choose from and it's REALLY difficult to pick one!

• fairyfay
    Beginner September 2012
    fairyfay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Rainbow Florist, youve just made my day Thank You ? I agree soooo many great cakes to choose from and even if I dont make it off your shortlist at least I know someone else loved my little mice too xx

• O
    Beginner
    Ooh ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry about leftovers, you can cut into smaller portions and freeze, then defrost as you need it.

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsBtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all, sorry to tag onto such an old thread but had to ask... FairyFay, I love your cheese stand, where did you get it from please, it's so unusual? Thank you. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics