Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lizhowley
Beginner February 2014

Cheese Wedding Cakes??

lizhowley, 13 of February of 2013 at 13:39 Posted on Planning 0 20

Anyone had these or planning on having one???

We both want to have a sweet top layer wedding cake (sponge) for me and OH and kids, also loads of small cup cakes to give out too instead of the traditional layers of cake.

But my OH cousin runs a cheese stall and has offered to do a Cheese wedding cake for us??? I love the idea of guests just walking up throughout the day and night helping themselves to cheese and biscuits??

Anyone had one or any thought??

Ta

20 replies

Latest activity by Babbzy, 11 of August of 2014 at 20:22
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Snap up the cheese cake offer, and have your sponge on top !

Would that work ?

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    Missusp2b ·
    • Hide content

I love the idea of a cheese wedding cake and really wanted one for myself, but my OH said no (he's not a big fan of cheese)

Could you have both a traditional cake (or cupcakes) as well as the cheese cake? I'm sure you can pick up some really pretty cupcakes relatively inexpensively.

• lizhowley
    Beginner February 2014
    lizhowley ·
    • Hide content

Both myself and my OH love cheese. plus the venue tried to sell us a a 5th course of cheese and biscuits and that was coming out at another £1500 WOW!!! I thought that a bit steep and this way we can have the cakes we want and the Cheese and biscuit course minus the 1500 quid. Just hope the venue allow us to do this....

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

We had a cake of cheeses as we are cheese family! brilliant and everyone commented on it and what a fab idea it was! went down a storm. we kept it very simple but ordered from

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Also this was under £300 and the venue had no problem, ours even gave us fruit and crackers!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at the Hitched Awards thread on page one and check out the cheese cakes on there in the Best Cake Award - Fabulous!

• Carpe Diem
    Beginner
    Carpe Diem ·
    • Hide content

The last two weddings I have been too have had cheese wedding cakes as well as the traditional wedding cake. I love the idea as I love cheese and think they can be done reasonably cheaply if you do it yourself and very very simple too! Might consider one for ours but we are already planning on a sweetie buffet and maybe a choc fountain for the kids so with the BBQ too it may be food overload!!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I'm having both ?

Beginner
    *Anne_Weston* ·
    • Hide content

Hey, that's a great idea- a sweet top layer on a cheese cake. I might steal that one if I may!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I'd love both. Just need to budget for both but I'm hoping we can afford one nearer the time.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

We're having both, homemade cupcakes and wedding cake on top, bought 7 tier cake stand on eBay for £30. Have bought cupcake toppers and a bunting cake topper.

Tiered cake of cheese for £175. He threw in 2 mini heart shaped bries too.

Looking forward to the cheese! Anything left is coming on honeymoon with us Smiley laugh

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

We're having both too, I'm still only paying less than £300 for both which is less than some people spend on one cake!

We love cheese so I persuaded OH we need one. Can't wait! We're using the Cotswold Cheese Company.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I think a cheese cake and a cup cake cake mean that you have something for everyone. Mind you I would have to hame some of each.

• fairyfay
    Beginner September 2012
    fairyfay ·
    • Hide content

Ours was a M & S one and kept 150 guests happy nibbling on during the evening. We served with diffrent chutneys and pickles and crackers

• Rhys Parker
    Rhys Parker ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Looks fantastic, I would go with something like this if I get married. Either that or just some good old fashioned home cooked cakes with real butter icing etc.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you are doing this, make sure that you use a stand or a board so that the cake is not sitting directly on the cheese. As much as I love both cheese and cake, I don't think I'd want cheese-flavoured wedding cake!

• Carpe Diem
    Beginner
    Carpe Diem ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh I like this, where did you get your stand from?

How many crackers did everyone estimate per person? Not really sure how much to budget for 100 people!

• lizhowley
    Beginner February 2014
    lizhowley ·
    • Hide content

Love that one............ Lots of little cheeses rather than the big large round kind!!! Fabulous!"!!!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I've seen that pic before and love that stand. I think I need one!!!! Can anyone point me in the right direction?!

• fairyfay
    Beginner September 2012
    fairyfay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have a really talented friend that made it for us, it was only supposed to be bottom layer but the idea grew!!!!

On the crackers - I think we ended up with about 8 of the big xmas tubs you can buy. As far as im aware they all disappeared. ?

• B
    Beginner October 2014
    Babbzy ·
    • Hide content

Hello I hope you don't mind me asking. I love your cake stand where did you get it from? Thank you x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics