Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2014

Cheshire East Registrar's

Sam12345, 16 of March of 2014 at 21:18 Posted on Planning 0 4

A bit of a long shot I know but I don't suppose anyone is using/has used Cheshire east registrar's for their ceremony have they?

We went in November to give notice and have just had an email to say they will contact us 4 weeks before to arrange a meeting with the registrar. This is to discuss the ceremony and meet them. We haven't had a booklet or anything about vows/readings/music and when I rang them they suggested googling for readings and the registrar will discuss the music and vows at the meeting.

Is this right? 4 weeks doesn't seem long to decide music and vows and once we pick them will we have to meet again?

Sorry if I am being daft, I just like to be organised and the most important part seems to be left to the last minute.

Thanks in advance for advice xx

4 replies

Latest activity by Kayleyb87, 10 of November of 2014 at 20:10
  • K
    Beginner July 2014
    Koshka85 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having Cheshire East for my wedding at end of July... I'd be interested to find out this too - I have no idea! We've done our notice and paid our next installment... but didn't get told anything about what happens next and when?!

Like you say, 4 weeks before doesn't seem that long at all, especially if you need to sort out stationery, order of the day etc, I'd quite like to get all that done much earlier!

Any advice would be great!

xx

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    stephers01 ·
    • Hide content

We are using cheshire east as well. But we aren't even at the stage to give notice yet. Reading another post about registrar fees cheshire East came out as the most expensive, sometimes £100s of pounds more!!

anyway 4 weeks doesn't sound alot, and I don't think you should have to be googling things. Something that might help would be popping along to a wedding Faye that cheshire East will be attending, watching a ceremony and then asking your questions face to face x

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I gave notice in cheshire east and got married in cheshire west. West sent us a book once we'd given notice and they had received the files. the booklet had several version of the vows in them and an online version of them. East seems to have this: http://www.yourceremony.org.uk/ and its as much help as a choclate teapot (why is everything better in the west coucil grrrrr) its all advertising for the venues and NOTHING on ready or the vows. sorry i cant be of help. But they didnt contact me or anything until the last 4 weeks when the balance was due (no reminder, i just remembered) I paid and hinted to them that I had chosen music and reading and that i needed them approved and could i book an appointment.

when its comes to the ceremony, its all up to you, music, readings, even privately written vows. along as its non religious and gets approved by the registrar.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I got married under Cheshire East.

We received a formal wedding pack approx 6 weeks before, which we had to fill in to indicate our choices for the ceremony, the relevant names of the bridal party, whether my Dad was to be asked for consent, etc etc. We were to return this by post, with copies of any personally written vows, our readings and and song lyrics, for approval. After this, we had a very short email conversation with the registrar for her to send through the ceremony wording for our perusal (with any changes to be sorted by email) and to confirm that our readings songs were OK. We didn't require any face to face meetings.

Do you know the name of your registrar? I suggest phoning him/her to request a pack (it sounds like they don't do them anymore though) and the ceremony wording, as a starting point. Don't panic though - it really doesn't take much time to make these decisions.

If you want, I can dig out our pack and make a list of the questions in it, as these are likely to be what they ask you in any meeting and you can at least start to think about them beforehand.

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    Kayleyb87 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies this is an old post I know but I was wondering if you can advise the questions you get asked as I have heard horrible things like they interview you then split you up ext. my parter is not a British national so I do expect to be 'grilled' more than 2 British nationals would.

any help would be great

thanj you

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics