Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2018

Cheshire / North West venue help

SunnyGreenCars840, 22 of March of 2017 at 09:00 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all,

Please can anyone help recommend a venue? We're just starting viewings, and trying to find some more options. We'll have a party of c. 110, and we're looking for a beautiful venue, bit of grounds outside for some pics (so country rather than city), and it must be exclusive, no other weddings on the day, and no hotels with other guests there - I'd like everyone at and around the venue to just be our party. Plus hotels on grounds or near the venue (or taxi away) for a few people coming out of town. Cheshire is where we're based, but we're willing to look Manchester/Lancashire/Derbyshire/Staffs for the right venue. Or even considering going further out and somewhere totally away - but we'll see if it comes to that!

Oh, and I love twinkly lights so want to decorate the venue if not already.

Venues we like the look of so far:

Sandhole Oak

Heaton House Farm

The Ashes

Styal Lodge

So barn types - but also halls like Colshaw and Thornton, but I think they might be too big and out of our price range. The big issue we're having is with availability - a lot of venues seem to be full for 2018 weekends - so we need a long list to try!

Thanks very much

6 replies

Latest activity by Hollieleigh, 17 of April of 2017 at 20:54
  • B
    Beginner March 2016
    BuryBride ·
    • Hide content

A bit further north but look at Beeston Manor - I'm biased as we married there but is perfect. You would have trouble with weekends but they had a list of 2018 weekend availability on their Facebook page recently. We also liked Bartle hall but was a little too big for us if we wanted exclusively as they can do two weddings there.

• E
    Beginner July 2018
    ExpensiveBlueHair717 ·
    • Hide content

Browsholme Hall & tithe barn in Lancashire. We get married here next July. Gorgeous barn, lots of outdoor space and plenty of hotels a taxi ride away. You may struggle with weekend availability though, we booked in September and there weren't many summer weekends left!

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

I'd highly recommend Hyde Bank Farm near Stockport - when we booked it, they only did small weddings, but have just built an incredibly beautiful extension, which (I think) seats up to 150. They have an amazing lawn that over looks the Peak District. There's no accommodation on site, but plenty of choice nearby, and is only 20-30 minutes from Manchester City Centre.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1309590515793331&id=156336097785451

We looked at the Ashes online, but I couldn't bare to go view it as knew we couldn't afford it...didn't think I would love anywhere as much as that - but I fall in love with Hyde Bank more every time we go visit...and we get married there in 4 weeks!! Smiley laugh

Somewhere else we looked at that was beautiful was Aclumlow Hall Barn in Cheshire. http://www.alcumlowhallfarm.co.uk/weddings

Good luck!

• S
    Beginner August 2018
    SunnyGreenCars840 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your help so far! Smiley smile It's tougher than I thought trying to find something that feels right!

I've added Beeston to the list, it's a bit further north than we were looking but venue looks beautiful and we liked their pricing options so going to go take a look.

I had heard of Hyde Bank but thought it was too small, the extension sounds promising though so I'll take a look! I'm attending another wedding at Aclumlow so that one's off the list. Smiley sad

I visited The Ashes and actually didn't love it as much as I thought - it's beautiful and I see why people choose it, but having looked round a few venues I've realised we're not really people who are too 'rustic' and I couldn't picture myself with the brick inside etc, so that's off the list. We're looking for 'classic' but still relaxed I guess, if that makes sense!

Love Sandhole, just not sure if there's enough in the way of grounds around it? Not sure if it's just me.. I just pictured more grass/fields/fences for photos.

As a totally different one we visited Combermere - love the idea of the grounds, and also having a nice building but with the evening in a marquee so it's a little bit less 'grand', but still classic. Just expensive though...

I've managed to reduce the day numbers down to 80 though, which at least means catering getting nearer budget!

• J
    Beginner December 2017
    JCVegas17 ·
    • Hide content

My friend got married at sandhole last year and it was stunning. However my cousin has just booked her wedding there and the next date they had was august 2019!

have you looked At the oak tree of peover?

• L
    Beginner March 2018
    Leni-lw2 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i was here years ago and now back planning .. anyhow...

Is north wales too far out? It's an Old shed re-vamped, overlooking the sea, olenty of fields around and has x9 cottages/ x2 glamping pods on site? This is where i am saying 'i do' again.

• H
    Beginner July 2018
    Hollieleigh ·
    • Hide content

Hi @sunnypinkconfetti677,

I went to 10 Cheshire venues after realising that The Lakeside Marquee at Thornton Manor was going to be too big for our 65 day guests - nightmare. There are a couple of others to consider that haven't been mentioned, one is Owen House Barn (approx £5k for the day), it's a really gorgeous barn and they have some quirky accommodation on site. If you're happy to step away from barns, Dorfold Hall is a new venue in Cheshire and it's stunning, the family are quite keen to keep it exclusive (approx £6k for the day), they are building a new coach house for indoor ceremonies but you can get married outside and your reception is in a vintage marquee. They should still have summer dates in 2018 because they are new (fingers crossed). I've started a wedding blog and I've got a list of all the places I visited and a couple of reviews of some of them. Have a look if you think it would help ?

Best of luck in the search Smiley smile

www.hollieleighclark.wordpress.com

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics