Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner December 2009

Cheshire wedding venue help

amee, 29 of September of 2008 at 19:10 Posted on Planning 0 24

Hello all,

Its been a long time coming but I am finally starting to look for the venue!! I did a bit of searching about at the beginning of the year and though I had decided on the Belle Eqoque. Went to have a look at it today and it was lovely but want to have a proper look around before we book anything.

Where have any of the Cheshire brides and brides to be booked? All advice is greatly appreciated.

My mum is going to be here on holiday till the weekend so hoping to fit in some viewings before she heads back to bonny Scotland.

Thanks in advance ?

24 replies

Latest activity by sdwrds, 9 of October of 2008 at 19:04
  • ruthy_wuthy
    Beginner September 2009
    ruthy_wuthy ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to a wedding at Belle Epoque this weekend so I can let you know what it's like!

I'm getting married at www.statham-lodge.co.uk near Warrington. We also looked at http://www.heatonpark.org.uk/HeatonPark/History__Architecture/Heaton_Hall__Orangery/ and also https://thedeanwaterhotel.co.uk/.

There are also places like Shrigley Hall, Mottram Hall...

I'll keep thinking!

• D
    Super November 2008
    donnaj36 ·
    • Hide content

We were also going to book the belle epoque-I`ve heard that food is so much better at weddings than it is in the actual restaurant (and the restaurant food is pretty nice). its alovely venue, really different and some great bits for photos too.

I`ve been to one at shrigley hall which was lovely, also tatton (but v expensive) and a couple of weeks ago at knowsley hall (ditto)

HTH

• LMR Photography (HIB)
    Beginner
    LMR Photography (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Belle Eqoque is a lovely venue! We have shot a few weddinsg there now and the staff have always been excellent.

They are top class at dressing the rooms and the food is amazing!

• Dobege (HIB)
    Dobege (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

The Hunting Lodge at Adlington Hall?

Again we have shot at Shrigley Hall and Mottram Hall which are both lovely. Peckforton Castle depending on your budget.

The Deanwater staff have always been great, the Stanneylands Hotel near Wilmslow.

Hope this helps

Martin & Joanna

• A
    Beginner December 2009
    amee ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou all for your replies. I shall getting busy looking these up on the internet and hopefully make some bookings. I think I underestimated how difficult this was going to be!

• LMR Photography (HIB)
    Beginner
    LMR Photography (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

ruthy_wuthy - Stantham Lodge is also lovely!!

My cousin got married there in December (obviously) we did the pictures but were guests too. The food was wondefrul and I loved the room they decorated the ceiling, something I have never seen before.

Lx

• ruthy_wuthy
    Beginner September 2009
    ruthy_wuthy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooooh I'm so excited to hear that! It's really hard to imagine what it would look like all decorated! How did they decorate the ceiling then?

I'm going to a bridal fayre there in November so I'm hoping they will have everything set up so I can really picture our day!

I know it's really cheeky to ask...but you wouldn't have some pictures I can look at , would you? ?

• LMR Photography (HIB)
    Beginner
    LMR Photography (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Yes of cause, drop me an email and i'll send some over.

When is the wedding? Anna got amrried December 28th so of course it was all christmasy too.

****@**************.**.**

• Masal
    Beginner October 2008
    Masal ·
    • Hide content

We looked at a few in Cheshire and in the end opted for Rookery Hall, the views are stunning, and the room we are having is in the new part, but really really nice. They are having a wedding fayre there apparently on Sunday as we need to go back and remind our selves on the tables, so they said it would be good to then.

https://www.handpickedhotels.co.uk/rookeryhall

• A
    Beginner August 2007
    alison76 ·
    • Hide content

What sort of venue and location?

We had our reception at the Belfry House Hotel near Cheadle - very good value for money.

Friends of ours got wed at quarry bank mill and that was fantastic too.

We looked at Stanneylands as well.

• FIONATS73
    Beginner August 2009
    FIONATS73 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Where abouts in cheshire are you?, I went to a bridal fayre on saturday at The Cottons Hotel in Knutsford. They are doing it up one of the rooms to accomodate weddings better in the future in Jan/feb next year. We have had 2 work do's there now which where great. Also like ruthy_wuthy the statham lodge is lovely have also had 2 work xmas parties there. The Chimney house hotel just of the m6 has beautiful gardens, just of the m6 to far for my h2b family to travel for us but lovely black and white hotel. So going there for works xmas party this year instead! Cranage hall outside crewe was lovely as well they had beautiful gardens. We are getting married at the Oaklands hotel outside Northwich.

• gemmaw
    Beginner February 2009
    gemmaw ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Although its not actually Cheshire (I live in Cheshire but have booked a Staffordshire venue) I cannot reccomend Caverswall Castle, Staffordshire (about 20 mins from Nantwich) highly enough - our wedding is in February 2009 and we looked at loads of venues - including nearly all of the ones mentioned on here (unfortunately - (or fortunately) I have to go to business meetings in some of the venues mentioned which has taken the 'shine' off some of the venues for me as I now only associate them through work!)

If you are looking at Peckforton - I would definately try Caverswall as well as we went to both and Caverswall won hands down for us - also have heard some bad reports on Packforton - dont know about recently though!

Hope this helps. You have a difficult decision to make as there are some beautiful venues to chose from on the list given above. Hope you find your perfect venue!

Good Luck!

Gem x ?

• molly14
    Beginner December 2009
    molly14 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I'm getting married at Mere Court in December next year and (although I'm biased) I think its a lovely venue. I have to make regular trips there to remind myself how great it is and then get all excited.

They are having a wedding open day a week on sunday (12th Oct) for people to have a nosey round if they are thinking of booking it.

• gemmaw
    Beginner February 2009
    gemmaw ·
    • Hide content

Hi Clueless bride,

Im glad Peckforton is ok now as we have a friend who has booked there and when I read some of the reviews (granted this was a good few months ago - actually probably earlier this year!) I was a little worried for them. - so thats good news!

Belle sounds lovely though - I think we were struggling for numbers for there (and we wanted to stay over - cant remember if you can there) but it looks FAB! and a week and a half will just fly by! As I am mad busy if I dont get to the computer then I will give you the good luck and congratulations vibes now!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Gem x ?

• snapdragon
    snapdragon ·
    • Hide content

About 3 years ago Peckforton Castle got a lot of bad review on here and elsewhere but since then it has changed hands (a couple of times I think) and has now been converted to a hotel and I have only heard good things about it.

Other venues to consider:

Crewe Hall - grand and gorgeous.

Cranage Hall - lovely venue and I can't praise the wedding coordinator there (Danielle) enough. We photographed there earlier this year and she was fantastic.

The Glasshouse at Combermere - lovely, but better suited as a summer venue I think as that is when the gardens look at there best.

Oakley Hall - my best mate is getting married there next year (so no surprises that we are going the photos!). I haven't actually seen it yet but she loves it. You do have to bring in everything from scratch though so hire furniture, a bar, caterers, etc. Great if you want to avoid corkage and want loads of flexibility but requires a bit of organisation and effort.

Rookery Hall Hotel - looked at this when I was getting married and loved it but it wasn't big enough for our numbers. However, I know they have extended since then so can manage a lot more sit down guests.

Wrenbury Hall - has a light and airy and Orangery which is great for wedding breakfast.

Chimney House Hotel - attractive modern interior. I know someone has said the gardens are lovely but we didn't rate them much. Granted we did photograph there in March but the gardens were not huge and fairly limited compared to some place. Still a nice venue though with helpful staff.

Capesthorne Hall

Gawsworth Hall

Crabwall Manor

Mottram Hall

Sandhole Farm Barn - near Congleton, so south Cheshire. Modern barn venue with an outside terrace with sweeping views of a lake.

That's all I can think of for now.

HTH

• C
    Civil Ceremonies ·
    • Hide content

My daughter is thinking about here

http://www.sandholeoakbarn.co.uk/index.htm

We went to look at Belle Epoque and whilst I agree it's a lovely venue she was looking for something a bit more modern and not quite as quirky.

• Dobege (HIB)
    Dobege (HIB) ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have shot at Peckforton a couple of times this year and have already a few bookings for next year there. Its a lovely location and the staff have always been great. Wondeful for photographs Smiley smile

Don't worry I'm sure it will be great.

• W
    Beginner July 2010
    WendyQ ·
    • Hide content

We are having our reception at Thorton Manor, Wirral. You can also get married there and you can have either the manor house or the lakeside marquee. It's lovely! Link attached if you're interested. Good luck!

http://www.thorntonmanor.co.uk/

• sweetcheeks
    Beginner August 2008
    sweetcheeks ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I got married in Rookery Hall (Near Nantwich) and it was fantastic.

It was just over 2 years ago though and we hired the whole hotel exclusively, whereas now that's not possible as they have built a new extension specifically for weddings/parties.

I loved the grandeur of the place and I married in The Salon, which was gorgeous.

I haven't been inside the new extension part, but the actual hall itself is lovely, not too big and the staff are brilliant. The newer part is obviously much more modern, so quite different to the original building. It would depend if you wanted a modern venue I guess.

We stayed there at the weekend for a romantic getaway and the staff still remember us and our wedding Smiley smile

Our wedding highlights are here if you fancy a peek...

www.rachaelandrob.bidly.co.uk/highlights2.wmv

• A
    Beginner December 2009
    amee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the replies. Apologies for my lack of replying. was so busy gadding about with my mum I didn't get a chance to log back on till today.

We went to see another venue, Davenport Green Hall, which is truely amazing.

Trying to work out finances etc at the minute which is proving to be a thoroughly depressing task.

Best wishes to all of you who have weddings soon.

Can't wait to hear all about them.

xx

• D
    Beginner June 2003
    DIJ ·
    • Hide content

We had our reception at Capesthorne Hall nr Macclesfield.

https://capesthorne.com/

Molly - H and I had our wedding night at Mere Court and it was lovely.

• sdwrds
    Beginner July 2010
    sdwrds ·
    • Hide content

I know this is quite cheeky but would I be able to get some pics from your wedding nx weekend. I've been looking at Rookery Hall and haven't got round to going yet, but trying to convince the other half to come round to my idea. Also what did you make of the venue ? Sorry If i'm being a pain, just say so

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics