Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

**Shelley**
Beginner October 2012

Chicken Fillets!

**Shelley**, 11 of June of 2012 at 21:46 Posted on Planning 0 6

Right, to put it bluntly I've lost some of my boobage because of weight loss. Now I'm worried about filling my dress...SO do I purchase a good bra with padding; buy a good bra, no padding but invest in chicken fillets or do you think my seamstress would be able to sew some sort of padding into my dress? I've not had my fitting yet but need to get a bra very soon. What does everyone think? Xx

6 replies

Latest activity by Wherts2b, 12 of June of 2012 at 11:37
  • Jules73
    Beginner August 2012
    Jules73 ·
    • Hide content

This happened to me too after I lost some weight. I've measured myself and tried on a whole range of bras and ended up buying the Wonderbra "ultimate" strapless bra. I'm still not that comfortable about wearing strapless bras as that was one of the reasons I bought a dress with straps but the straps are lace and you can see through them. The "ultimate" holds me fine and doesn't slip down but still doesn't give me any oomph (a desirable cleavage) so I am now thinking about chicken fillets too.

I will watch this thread for some chicken fillet advice ?

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

I also didn't gain the required 'oomph' from the Wonderbra, and nearly just went for a fairly unpadded one as I don't trust fillets to stay in place/look fairly natural, but I found a bra that gave a bit of extra oomph in TK Maxx. Still not convinced it worked now, but gave me more confidence than without. Good luck!

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

My dress lady is sewing in chicken fillet stylee things to my dress, costing and additional £20 but totally worth it.

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

I had this same problem (though there was very little to lose in the first place but it still happened!). Anyway, I wanted a cute lace bra and struggled to find one that was padded but bought the Lormar VIP bra set online. It was padded but still didn't have the desired effect so the seamstress sewed in some cups to my dress for an extra boost, and I can still wear my bra underneath for when the dress comes off later! She also sewed in some hooks to feed my bra through at the back so guaranteed to stay in place. I did also buy some chicken fillets but unsure whether i'll wear them as paranoid they might make an appearance

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

Two warnings. First, I've seen several brides now who've used the chicken fillet inserts and they've end up looking like they're boobs are pouring out of their dress. It's not a good look. Well, unless that's the look you're going for. Also, if you're having cups sewn, I'd make sure your seamstress does it well. I've seen several dresses now where the cups were sewn improperly, distorting the boning and effecting the way fabric lays across the bust. Also agree with Wherts2B that if you're going to wear a bar, you should sew in hooks to feed any bra through in the back. (Alternatively, you can buy what look like corsets but with super low backs. This might be the best compromise I've seen on a bride. These also have the advantage of pulling things in even more!)

• **Shelley**
    Beginner October 2012
    **Shelley** ·
    • Hide content

Cookiekat - do you know what this involves? Are they like the rubbery ones you can buy or material? Will you still be wearing a bra? £20 isn't bad coz you would pay more for a bra so I would be happy with that.

Wherts2b - could you describe what these cups were/are like? Does everything look natural? My dress doesn't give the chance to show a cleavage but I do at least what to appear to be hiding more than a handful for my h2b! Smiley surprise)

MAG2FMC - wise words! Thank you!! I shall investigate this further. I was in fact looking for a long line bra - M&S had a lovely one, but alas do not have my size ANYWHERE! Not only is this frustrating but disheartening as M&S appeared to be the only company which stocked pretty bridal wear in this style!

Back to the drawing board...

x

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They're just big foam nude coloured cups really. They look completely natural from outside. I thought they would look too much with my bra also but they give you shape in the right place and you don't even know you've got them in. Nothing pokes out in the wrong places, I almost look normal lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics