Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mitzi50
Beginner June 2010

Chicken Fillets - The non edible variety!!

Mitzi50, 27 October, 2009 at 10:26 Posted on Planning 0 18

When I tried my dress on and the lady was measuring me up she very quickly boldly stated 'Bra or Fillets?' and as its a strapless fitted top I instinctivly said Fillets. I have never had chicken fillets, never used them, never seen them and dont know what to look for or even if they are the right thing for what I want! I had a look quick look on ebay at them and got a little worried! ? So i'm hoping one of you lovely ladies can offer me some advice!

As mentioned I have a strapless corset top style dress and just want something to push them up a little and hold them nicely in place etc. When held right I have a nice set (sorry if tmi) but they do need that support. How do these fillet things work? ? Sorry if im being dim!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

18 replies

Latest activity by bluewater, 11 December, 2009 at 11:28
  • Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

The fillets just go into your bra as far as I know. Never used them myself but always worry that they might fall out?!?!?!?! Not sure if this is possible.

Anyways, if it were me I'd look for a padded, uplifting strapless bra.

Others might have actual experience of the chicken fillets and can help better than me

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Hi Moya. not sure how the chicken fillets would work as they're meant to in a bra. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with no bra to hold them in place incase they 'peeped' out 😄 (Have not used them myself but my best freind swears by them and they often get thrown around after one too many!)

Maybe you could try one of these http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001801&productId=1500484433&langId=-1&engine=froogle&keyword=JML+Invisible+Bra+-+C-D+Cup&_$ja=tsid:11527%7Ccc:%7Cprd:2940522%7Ccat:Fashion+Accessories

I have used one when wearing a strapless/backless top and it supported my melons well 😄

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Well them falling out is my biggest fear, and I thought they went into a bra but she said bra or fillets, so i got confused, unless the dress where it is a corset and fitted will hold them in place?! Gowd this is so confusing!

Moonpig - I have one of those but they dont work very well for me, it just holds my boobs where they usually hang, sorry again if tmi, but they not partiually big, 34b, but with out anything to push them up there almost non existant and there is no cleavage, but with a good push up they are great!

Whats everyone else doing under there dresses!? ?

• Debbie Graham Jewellery
    Debbie Graham Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Years ago... in my "younger" clubbing days I bought a pair of these.. Anyway, off I went out dancing the night away with all my friends & after a while I decided to take them out of my bra & pop them into my bag, as I was a bit too hot.

The night went well then off we all go for the taxi home... We had all had a fair bit to drink at this point & when it came to paying the fare at the end of the night, I dipped into my bag to get my purse out but instead of handing my purse out to my friend sat in the front of the taxi, I plonked 1 of my chicken fillets in her hand... We got some very strange looks from the taxi driver

I cant remember exactly where I bought them from but I didnt use them again after that.. I found them too annoying & felt I was always adjusting them.

hth

Debbie

xx

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Couldn't you just wear a strapless bra? How do they look without any bra? I wasn't planning on wearing anything.... I thought a corset would hold them in place?

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure the chicken fillets are meant to hold you up, mine never do.

You can buy sticky mesh strap type items that hold them in and/or go underneath - think La Senza and Next do them.

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well I didnt want to wear anything but they do need pushing up a little in the dress -maybe this will be different when I try on the dress thats made to my size rather than the sample one. Maybe then i wont need anything. ?

?They just kinda hang, they are not those small pert type, more small floppy type! lol! I look rather flat chested with out anything ?

Not sure whether a strapless bra will work with the dress, and the back have a low V type shape so you would see where the bra is.

Ahh this is very confusing. Maybe I should just take a strapless bra with me when the dress comes in for my first fitting and try it with bra and with out bra and see from there...i just dont want to look dim in front of the lady and not take the right thing!

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was kinda hoping they would push them up and then the dress would hold them in place!? Thanks for that nicola, will pop over to the la senza website now and do some more research!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did mean in the dress.... ? try it with a strapless bra and without any bra when your proper dress comes, you might be surprised.

It's horrible when you are put on the spot with questions like that.... you have no idea about the answer but the other person asks you as if if its the easisest question in the world ?

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats it, i didnt even have time to think!

? Anyone that comes into this thread is going to have a right giggle now!!!! ?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I've just had a right giggle!!!!!

I'm sure there are companies that do low back strapless bras - maybe Ultimo??? I remember trying a low backed strapless dress on and I was worried about what bra I would wear and the sales person said a low backed one?!?!?!?! Not sure if it would work for a strapless bra right enough but good luck anyway.

FYI I'll be wearing a slightly padded ivory strapless bra from Debenhams - could go bra-less but would't feel right without one

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

I feel your pain moya, except I actually have the opposite problem!!

The lady in the shop suggested I wear nothing but I don't think I'd be comfortable with that. I have bought some underwear to try underneath but may have to go without... luckily mine doesn't have a low back, there are several companies that do low back bras, they are usually a crossover at the back that comes round the front to do up, don't know how effective or comfortable they would be, they only usually go up to a c cup...

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Awww bless you Moya - have you sorted your chest out yet?!

I HAD to bounce this because it's hilarious!

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Aahhh nooo! ?

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

Ahhhh, how did I miss this?

Fab conversation! And a very valid question, lol, I'm still unsure about underwear options for with my dress. I have the opposite problem though as I'm an F cup and want them to look sexy but not slutty and supported but not flattened! ?

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

I'm petrified about the possibility of having to wear a dress without a bra ?

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly!! Me too!

I so thought I had got away with this thread and not many people had read it lol!

I think im going to take bra and fillets with me when my dress comes in and have a go with each. ?

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

woops, sorry lovely ️?️

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

How did i miss this? ?

FWIW i had chicken fillets sewn into my dress, as i couldn't wear a bra as the v neck was too low, but couldn't go without as i just looked like two saggy dog ears, so needed a helping hand from my seamstress where mother nature didn't do her job properly. in the end i did look a bit b❤️❤️by... (have got some great pics of H taking in a good eyeful when we were signing the register!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics