Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2011

Chief Bridesmaid dress dilemma...what shall I do?

laura2107, 14 April, 2011 at 13:37 Posted on Planning 0 5

I ordered my BM dresses in October and got a call two weeks ago to say that they are in. My CB has since told me "i hope they can take the dress OUT as i havent lost the weight I thought I would lose" she said the dress was a bit too tight to begin with but didnt say as she was hoping to lose some weight. Unfortunatly she has put on weight!! I dont know what to do?? ive paid £160 for each dress and waited nearly 5 months for them to come in as they were being made in china!!

What shall i do? she thinks the dress maker can do something but i didnt think that was possible, only possible to take a dress in? I dont know why she didnt get a size 12 and take that in!!

ARGH I am so stressed!

Any advice will be appreciated! xx

5 replies

Latest activity by *libby*, 14 April, 2011 at 15:32
  • NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Hm.. she was a bit silly really. It's put you in a bit of an awkward situation. I don't know if there is any way the dress can be altered so that it can fit someone who is bigger than the dress size... do you have a pic of the dress? x

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

It can be done, i had a panel put in a BM dress last year (long story, we were reusing dresses from when friend was first engaged, and then they split, i sold mineafter she told me too so had to have the spare one going when she got married....which was a size too small!)

anyway, any good seamstress SHOULD be able to do something, is it an a line?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry too much, one of my BM's had her dress taken out and that was a HIgh Street dress which don't usually allow a great deal of fabric to do major alterations.

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Send her to boot camp!!!!

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

By your ticker you still have 2 months to go so try to have it altered but at the same time she still has time to loose some weight if its not too much! My sisters my MOH and her dress still doesn't fit her so shes dieting like mad and going to fitness classes as she wants to fit into it and I've given her many opportunities to say if she wants a bigger dress but she doesn't!!! Don't know what ill do if it doesn't fit, its a fishtail dress with a zip, maybe I should have gone for floaty dresses with a bit of wiggle room!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics