Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2012

chief bridesmaid!! rant!! sorry

mrsjw2be, 4 January, 2012 at 15:08 Posted on Planning 0 8

I dont know if i am just being petty or a little over the top, i have chosen a good friend as CB over my own sisters and nieces and she just really doesnt seem to be bothered about anything!! am not expecting her to jump thru hoops or anything but i feel as tho she cant be bothered with anything, i even had to book my hen weekend, we have had a few words today and then i got a text saying she werent coming on hen do!! now i really dont know what to do!!?? do i just go on as tho nowt has happened or do i tell her to not bother being bridesmaid??? OH by the way is not to happy with her either!!

8 replies

Latest activity by mrsjw2be, 4 January, 2012 at 16:28
  • ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

Have you asked her why she isn't interested or why she isn't coming to your hen? Personally, if it was me I'd tell her I didn't want her as a bridesmaid at all if she's not going to want to help. What's the point in bridesmaids otherwise?! She should be honoured that you've asked her (and especially that you have asked her over family) and IMO, as your chief bridesmaid it is her job to help you with all the little things. I don't know what I'd do without my MOH's advice. Definitely have it out with her, I'd tell her to buck up her ideas or step out!

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    mrsjw2be ·
    • Hide content

She only seems interested when its about her and when we go shopping for something for her!! she said other day she had been out to get a couple of bits for hen night so i asked her today what she had got so i didnt buy the same and she said she hadnt got anything!! left it at that then got a text saying she werent coming!!

i think she should deffo step up a bit cos when we went shopping for my dress she didnt even say anything, i dont expect her to tell me that i look like a princess when i look like a witch lol, but even so some sort of input would be grt, i picked her cos i live away from my family and thought it would be grt having my best friend to help!! how wrong am i!! ☹️

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

That's really sad. Your MOH should be someone you can enjoy all this stuff with, not someone who is leaving you more stressed out and with more to do! All of my bridesmaids are having input, it's a much nicer process for it!

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

I'm with Claire! It is an honour to be asked to be bridesmaid. I understand that some people are not always in the postition to help out as much as we may like, but she could be doing something! It might be worth checking if she has any money worries though as that could be putting her off coming on the hen do etc. Whatever happens though, I think you need to have a chat with her and work out if there are underlying circumstances. If it is just that she can't be bothered, then I think you are within your rights to sack her but check first in case there are other issues!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Sounds to me like she is being highly immature, just have it out with her and take it from there. She might not want to be your CB. I hope you get to the bottom of it and come to a decision that you are happy with. Always remember that it is you getting married and not your bridemaids, they are never going to be as excited about your wedding as you are.

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

So many hitchers have had problems with MOH/CB and bridesmaids!

I'd have a chat to her and see how that goes, find out if there is something bothering her maybe. If she is just being a pain then get rid, you don't need that added pressure!

Good Luck

T xx

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    mrsjw2be ·
    • Hide content

Hi thanks all

i know she had no money worries cos she has paid for her weekend away with me, and was over the moon and started crying when i asked her to be CB, i have spent all day worrying about wat i may have done and honestly cant think of anything!!, i will contact her this eve when she finishes work to see wats going on ☹️

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh some people...id be so honoured if i was asked to be CB but dont understand her problem unless its jealousy....but in my opinion id tell her not to bother to be your bridesmaid as im sure your sisters or neices would do a much better job....

hope you realise soon what you want to do....at the end of the day its going to be getting more stressful nearer to the day and you will need someone you can rely on so you need to ask yourself is that is she someone you can rely on.

xx

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    mrsjw2be ·
    • Hide content

My OH thinks its down to jealousy as me and CB both started on a diet at the same time and i have lost 24 pound shes lost 7 pound and wasnt happy when she found out that the dress size i was having was 2 sizes smaller than hers, cos she made a comment about that at the time!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics