Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kharv
Beginner March 2012

Childminder at wedding

kharv, 14 August, 2011 at 23:52 Posted on Planning 0 10

I'm looking to hire a childminder for my wedding as I have a lot of kids coming - does anyone have any idea how much I would be likely to pay for this?

I'm having about 18 kids aged from 3 to 12 and would need a childminder (or two) for between 2 and 4 hours.

Any help appreciated.

10 replies

Latest activity by bigthumb, 8 May, 2012 at 11:27
  • B
    Beginner June 2012
    Bride2012 ·
    • Hide content

I think that you might need at least 3 childminders due to the ratios required (1 adult: maximum 8 kids over the age of 3). Childminders typically cost a minimum of £4-£6 per hour her in London and some charge more. If you have any children under the age of 3 the ratio will be different.

You might also want to speak to the parents to see if they wish to use the creche you are providing to gauge numbers. As a parent of a 3 year old myself I would probably want to know more about the person eg are they OFSTED registered and had a CRB check etc before making that decision.

Good luck!

Michelle

• Twists
    Beginner September 2011
    Twists ·
    • Hide content

I saw an advert for these in Wedding Ideas magazine a few months ago and thought what a brilliant idea it was: http://www.theweddingcreche.co.uk/

If you google mobile wedding creche you get loads of results so hopefully you;ll find one in your area for not too much!

• B
    Beginner
    Blinkered ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

£4-£6 per hour? NMW for over 21s is £5.93 and for 18-20s it's £4.98 so you should be paying at least that.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Do you know anyone who's kids to go to a nursery etc? i work in a nursery and sometimes we get asked to babysit at weddings- since they work in a nursery they would have their crb check all done- me and 2 other girls babysat at a wedding few yrs back and we got £50 each- maybe worth asking?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Have you considered asking the parents to contribute towards the costs?

• honeybee9
    Beginner May 2012
    honeybee9 ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.artfullsplodgers.com/award-winning-creche.html

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone - I'll check those out.

Bride 2012 - all of the parents are aware already and the info is also in the invitations so they can make the choice of either bringing their child and leaving them with the childminder during the service or come without their children. They all seem quite taken with the idea though to be honest!

AJ - I wouldn't dream of asking parents to contribute. It's my choice of venue that has caused these restrictions (i.e. they can seat 140 for the wedding breakfast but only have a marriage licence for 120) so this is something I would cover.

Ringing around a few local nurseries mightn't be a bad idea leni!

Thanks all

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

??

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

Also working in childcare, it might be worth asking any students, who may have long term placements within a setting. You may not have to pay them quite as much, but they might appreciate the extra experience. Obviously parents would probably prefer a qualified and experienced member of staff 'running' it.

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    Bride2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It doesn't seem to work like that for childminders as they typically have more then one parent paying them eg two kids at £4 an hour = Childminder eaning £8 an hour. I was quite surprised too when I started researching childcare but in the end we opted for nursery.

• B
    Beginner January 2011
    bigthumb ·
    • Hide content

The rates really do vary depending upon the amount of children also the age and the time you need it for, its best to get an individual quote from a couple of businesses. If you use a professional service such as http://littleguests.co.uk/ you will pay anywhere from Three hundred pounds and up. Have a terrific Wedding I hope you and the little ones all have a great day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics