Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrsnearlyp
Beginner November 2022 Hertfordshire

Children at the wedding

Mrsnearlyp, 25 of January of 2021 at 12:38 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hi ladies,

So We currently have our wedding booked for end of November this year - hopefully. We have decided for several reasons to not invite children. Thing is, we have a daughter who will be 2 and a half at the time and my best friends girls who will be 7 and 5 are also flower girls. Other than that - no kids.Our reasons behind it are we want a grown up wedding, not a kids party. I’ve been married once before and my family have SO many children it was like a kids party. Secondly, we’ve already hit our maximum guest capacity for our venue with all the adults.
I’ve spoken to some people and I thought it’d be fine, now I’m getting the impression quite a lot of people will actually decline the invite because their kids aren’t included.
I just wanted opinions really.Personally, if I received an invite without my daughter I’d be fine. Especially if I knew no other children were being invited other than the bridal party.
What are your thoughts? X

2 replies

Latest activity by Mrsa2021, 26 of January of 2021 at 16:46
  • Kept
    Savvy November 2020 Devon
    Kept ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

You have great reasons why you wouldn't want to extend the invite to your guests children. Your wedding should be all about you and your partner, and not have the focus diverted to taking care of the children which will often be the case. More importantly, like you said, your numbers are already at maximum capacity. If you approach your guests with the reasons you have given I am sure they will totally understand. It would seem a bit unfair for them to be bitter about it.

Listen to the reasons why people don't want to come, is it because they can't get childcare or can't afford childcare? If this is the case, why not help them source some child care, or even more so, offer to contribute? You never know! They might actually want an excuse to have a night away from the children?

With love,

Laura

Kept Weddings

• Mrsa2021
    Dedicated June 2021 Cornwall
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    As a parent, I love attending a wedding without my children! You have to do what is best for the two of you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics