Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

froggy29400
Beginner October 2010

Children's table... what age?

froggy29400, 2 October, 2010 at 15:54 Posted on Planning 0 2

More questions from me... We have quite a lot of children coming to the wedding, some very obviously too young (babies, under 1 year old) to be on their own on a table, but what age would you say is ideal to eat on your own on a table? I'm planning to put the children's table just near their parents' table whenever possible, but I'm not sure how young is too young (and how old is too old?).

TIA!

2 replies

Latest activity by The Sock Chicken, 2 October, 2010 at 17:23
  • L
    Beginner December 2012
    lilsparkle ·
    • Hide content

We have got 15 children coming to our wedding ranging from a baby to 11 years old. I have decided to leave them all with their parents regardless of age. I also have a couple attending with their 20 odd year old kids and they will be sitting with their parents too! I am not mixing my tables though just sitting families all together. I think it really is up to you how well behaved you think they will be to sit together with no adult supervision. Also you don't want to seperate them from their parents and then the parents don't enjoy their meal because they are trying to keep an eye on the kids table. Just my opinion on it anyway Smiley smile

• Kitty1987
    Beginner December 2010
    Kitty1987 ·
    • Hide content

We have about 25 children coming and just sitting them with their parents, means they are less likely to get up to too much mischief lol. We're having a informal reception with a buffett and no seating plan though

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

We sat children with their parents although we did consider a kids table. Was talking to a friend who went to a wedding where there was a kids table. I think she said her son was about 4 or 5 at the time, and she was a little worried about not sitting with him. Also I don't think he knew the other kids there. But she said it was great. She got to havea little child free time and adult conversation, and he got to mix with other children. The only reason we didn't do it was because we didn't have enough children to fill the table, a couple of them were only 2 or 3 yrs old. And we had quite a few teenagers too, who were also sat with their famiiies. I'd say if you are going to do it, have the youngest age about 4/5 and the oldest 12/13.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics