Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsT-tobe
Beginner June 2013

Children's wedding favour help!

MrsT-tobe, 7 June, 2012 at 21:00 Posted on Planning 0 9

I have 20 children coming to my wedding 16, from 1 to 10 years and 4 that are 10,12,13 and 15.

I have decided today that i was going to get the cancer research favours for adults so now i'm at a lose with what to do for children.

Was thinking activity bags but not sure whether that will work with the over tens?

Any ideas?

9 replies

Latest activity by kmdesign@tesco.net, 9 June, 2012 at 00:04
  • BowlingBride
    Beginner September 2012
    BowlingBride ·
    • Hide content

I've seen some suggestions of giving them a disposable camera and a shot list i.e. someone in a silly hat, someone dancing, someone pulling a funny face? sounds like it would keep over 10's occupied and you'd get some random fun photos of the day. Come to think of it it could keep some ofmy adult family out of trouble ?

• MrsT-tobe
    Beginner June 2013
    MrsT-tobe ·
    • Hide content

I like that idea! i've got 4 1 and 2 year olds, do you think this would work for them?

• EllsBells243
    Beginner March 2013
    EllsBells243 ·
    • Hide content

Think I'm going to give activity packs to our young guests, saw some in Primark the other day in the kids dept. They were only £3 and included crayons, colouring book, model making (castle/pirate ship etc)....quite like the camera idea though, it would keep them engaged in what was going on around them xx

• BowlingBride
    Beginner September 2012
    BowlingBride ·
    • Hide content

Have to admit i have no idea about children, you may get pictures of feet i don't know much about 1 and 2 year olds. I used to be able to have fun with a few crisp boxes when i was little i'm sure what ever you give them they'll entertain themselves. Maybe ask one of the parents what they think it would work for them?

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

I have cameras for the kids. Thinking about getting them all space hoppers too (for the garden at the venue)

For the older ones get them lego (the packs for older kids) or playdoh - EVERYONE loves playdoh. Have mini cup cakes and the icing tubes to decorate them?

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

Lip balms & little nail varnishes are a good idea for girls. I was thinking of cameras as you can get them for about £2 each on Amazon (not sure about quality) but then realised it would cost a bit to develop 20 odd films so wondering whether to get one camera between two children, although this may cause arguments!? I might stick to cupcakes & puzzles / colouring packs. It is helpful to have something to keep little ones occupied whilst speeches are on, as kids generally find this a bit boring.

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content

Personally wouldnt want little ones messing with nail varnish near everyones wedding outfits!!!

I have little activity bags with little domino sets in but i only have 5 children at the wedding anyway. 2 of them are under 1 so i have got them a little teddy instead of the dominoes. As their favour on the table i have got mini jars of smarties. the jarsw are perspex not glass so not dangerous if dropped.

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

You're right about nail varnish - sorry. Wasn't thinking they would put it on there & then as thinking of 9-11 year olds but if they did - disaster!! Lip balms should be okay though.

• K
    kmdesign@tesco.net ·
    • Hide content

Just a few ideas for the younger ones

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics