Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Loopz
Beginner March 2013

Chilli under the nail

Loopz, 28 January, 2013 at 12:49 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

This morning I have been making batches of soup. Yummy yummy soup.

But the chilli was lethal. Cur cold flannel and streaming eyes, burning mouth, lips, nose. Yesterday my thumb nail broke quite low, and now I have chilli underneath it. It is sooooo painful I don't know how to stop it! I've used a nail thingy to clean under the nail, have washed my hands several times, have had a shower, but nothing stops the burning. I thought it must have all come out, but sucking my thumb (to see if it was just painful or the chilli) proved otherwise ?

Anyone got any clever ideas on how to stop it from hurting?

5 replies

Latest activity by Loopz, 28 January, 2013 at 14:56
  • Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I think anything that removes oil from skin should work. Like fairy liquid? Put in on dry, don't wet your hands first

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

This may sound ridiculous but make wet some cotton wool in some milk. Something in the milk cancels out the effect of the capsicum that's in the chilli. P scratched his earlobe after handling a particularly lethal chilli so he put milk on a cotton wool ball and hey presto!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea. I just have visions of you sitting with your hand in a pot of yoghurt.

I once tried to put contact lenses in after chopping chilli.

Not advisable.

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ouchy! Yeah I waited u til I had showered to put my contacts in!

The milk method has worked, the burning has died down now. Phew. Still keeping it away for my mouth for a while though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics