Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsToffee
Expert April 2015

Chinese Bridesmaid Dresses

MrsToffee, 16 of April of 2014 at 20:03 Posted on Planning 0 6

Sorry, second thread about BM dresses in a week but am desperate!

Has anyone used one of the chinese sites for bridesmaid dresses?

I basically want 3 purple cocktail dresses with a similar 'look' but in different shades and slightly different styles and am finding it difficult to find this in budget on UK sites. Have just checked the BHS sale and some I liked there are in the sale but think I'd end up buying 3 of the same colour and/or style and that's not really what I wanted.

Am feeling desperate enough to risk buying online but need some recommendations of which sites to avoid.

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsToffee, 17 of April of 2014 at 17:46
  • M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered one as a sample and my bm's love them so ordered the full lot. The sizes arnt the best so I ordered bigger to get taken in. I can't knock the quality tho they are spot on. If I was u I would order one and see how u get on xx

• C
    Beginner May 2014
    cmchannon ·
    • Hide content

Alot of these companies have a one dress return policy so order one to see how you feel about it then order the rest if you're happy. My friend ordered some and they were lovely

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, that's really helpful; I may have to have a trip to London to that showroom, would feel so much better being able to see them! My budget is £80 maximum for each dress and didn't think I was being too fussy seeing as I wanted different shades but it seems I am lol!

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure exactly where in the world the dresses come from, but my friend used Light in the Box for our bridesmaid dresses in 2011. They were really good, nice quality, well made, good colour and style choices to suit all our tastes and body shapes. We all had the same colour, but different styles. But you could use any combination really.

There are only three things I would suggest tho if you use them.

1. Make sure you give the bridesmaid measurements correctly as per the instructions on the site. They are made to fit as per those instructions. If you add a couple of cms on (as one of these bridesmaids did in our instance) the dress won't fit properly and will have to be altered - which makes the whole process more expensive

2. Factor in customs charges. They are not mentioned on the website, but when they come to be delivered you will have to pay them. Don't get a nasty shock when they arrive and you realise you have to pay to have them released to you.

3. when they arrive they will have been folded up into their packets. They need quite a lot of hanging time and steaming to get creases out. Just factor this into your timings when ordering them.

• K
    Beginner November 2014
    Kwal ·
    • Hide content

I've just ordered 1 bridesmaid dress from a Chinese supplier on eBay, I ordered one first to see what it was like and I honestly couldn't be happier, it cost £48 in total, it's made to measure and fits her perfectly and also has a built in corset back so is adjustable too if necc. I was skeptical hence why I only ordered one to start with but I'm delighted with it!! Smiley smile

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks again everyone; have now found something completely different that I like even more but the site are out of stock and am thinking it might be worth getting a quote from a dressmaker to actually just have them made.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics