Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner December 2019

Chinese knock offs - any success stories?

SunnyOrangeCakes81714, 25 of April of 2019 at 08:09 Posted on Planning 0 3

Good news... I've found the dress of my dreams

Bad news... Its from a designers collection years ago and was about £6k when I want to spend £200 max

I've found an ebay store making a knock off, I'd pay by PayPal but its more about being disappointed when it arrives. Not sure whether to take one for the team and see what happens... I don't have a wedding date yet and I'm sure you can tell by my dress budget that the dress isn't the be all and end all for me. The seller is suzhou.dress and they have over 90% positive feedback just in case anyone has any experience with this seller!

3 replies

Latest activity by SunnyOrangeCakes81714, 10 of May of 2019 at 09:06
  • Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

You simply cant buy a 6k dress for £200, its impossible and what you get will look terrible... that doesn't mean all Chinese dresses are bad, they are a good option for cheap dresses but buy an original design not a knock off

try light in the box for good Chinese original designs, many are under £200

or you could post a photo here and see if anyone knows any more affordable dresses in the same style

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

The counterfeit dresses seem to be the most risky. Remember it won't be made from the same material as the original dress, or have the same pattern, or the same stitching. But the counterfeiter may be using photos stolen from the real manufacturer to sell you the dress.

Also, when it arrives you won't be able to send it back... no matter what they say up front. Trust me on this! By the way, I'm not a bridal shop trying to put you off. I admin the biggest Facebook group for brides who have been scammed while planning their wedding!

My advice is to look at JJ's House or Light in the Box as they tend to be the Chinese factories brides are happiest with. There's also an ebay seller, reallove69 who seems well regarded.

Remember that UK law does not protect you when you buy from China.

• F
    Beginner October 2019
    FloProActiv ·
    • Hide content

I can't advise on knock off dresses, but I got mine from JJ's House, and was a bit apprehensive as the reviews were hit and miss. The way I decided was thinking about whether I could afford to lose the money (£150) I paid if it all went tits up (and also afford the time then needed to find a new dress).

In my case, it all worked out (I hope! Still haven't spoken to anyone about getting it altered to fit properly). It turned up really quickly, looked just like the pictures, and feels nice - I'm sure it's not as good quality as a £1500 dress, but it doesn't feel cheap.

• S
    Beginner December 2019
    SunnyOrangeCakes81714 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all, I've actually found a dress I love from Little Mistress, well within budget and less showy incase we end up doing a more casual reception. The dress I wanted would be quite hilarious down the local pub where they are used to seeing me in my dog walking gear

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics