Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

laurenjones
Beginner September 2013

Chinese wedding dresses

laurenjones, 9 of April of 2012 at 20:52 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi ladies,

Just wondered if anyone else has had any luck ordering from a chinese website? I thought I would try my luck and found the most stunning dress, was a fraction on what I expected to spend on a dress. Arrived the other day but as soon as I opened the parcel you could see the white dress was covered in black marks, I'm assuming mould as it smelt damp. I was so disappointed! I tried the dress on anyway and it fitted terribly despite giving them measurements. I am now fighting with them to give me my money back as they told me to use alcohol to remove the marks (as if I'd attempt that!) Just wondered if anyone had any success stories?

Luckily I have ages until I get married so am going to go and buy a dress from a bridal shop!

Lauren x

16 replies

Latest activity by coolartist87, 18 of December of 2012 at 23:00
  • warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

Hi, my dress was from china, and despite it being really creased, It is now fine. I bought it about a year ago and it has been hanging up at my mums house ever since, Its perfect! I love it!

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

That's shocking form... What site was it? Name and shame!

I had an excellent copy from dressesonlinesale.co.uk, saved about 1k from the original dress price.

• laurenjones
    Beginner September 2013
    laurenjones ·
    • Hide content

It was called weddinggownsshop.co.uk, luckily I have paid through paypal so will give the website another few days and then will have to attempt to get my money back from paypal. Such a shame! x

• B
    Beginner
    Belle Mariee Bridal ·
    • Hide content

A customer of ours for some reason tried to but her dress online 3 times, they were all terrible!!

Good luck finding your perfect dress xx

• R
    Beginner June 2013
    RubySky ·
    • Hide content

I ordered my Bridesmaid dresses from a Chinese Ebay shop for £33 each and free postage and they are GORGEOUS!! im so happy with them and better quality than i expected.. Phew! waiting on my wedding dress now i ordered this from another Chinese ebay shop for £65! LOL!! (see above) fingers crossed it turns out too, i'll post when have recieved it... and if its crap i will contact Paypal for a refund, name and shame the shop, then revert to my original plan of wearing my sisters beautiful and very expensive dress hehe! heres hoping its nice tho xx

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from a chinese wholesale retailer. and i was happy with mine. bear in mind i didn't go to any bridal store before hand just the trafford centre Smiley laugh tried on high street dresses. And i was never going to pay way out the *** for a dress i'll wear for 8 hours max (actually spending £300 on one is excessive to me) its was wrinkled but they'll come out with a steam iron. details were good and a great fit. i also did my research (AFTER the impulse purchase mind!) and knew to expect tax and duties and whatnot and understood that was not the companies fault/problem but the governments doing its job.

I'm sorry to see yours went bad. from what i've seen they can be hit and miss. i think i was lucky tbh.

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    coolartist87 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I got my dress from a Chinese website called www.myweddingdressforless.co.uk and I admit they were a little more expensive than the other e-bay sellers, but the dress was perfect and fitted amazing. the dress and shipping cost me £380 and was completely custom made to my measurements and colours/style requirements. Couldn't be more happy, and would recommend them to anyone.

• M
    Beginner February 2014
    mrsmrsmrsannajohnson ·
    • Hide content

I've looked for an online store to order my dress and I did a huge amount of research to avoid the scam companies.Good luck~

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Cant recommend a Chinese dress supplier, but yet another to AVOID is Helene bridal. The website would make you think they are a US based company, but they are Chinese too.

Despite providing my measurements that a seamstress did, it was unwearable. 2 inches too short off the ground, straps falling off, the bust area was 3 sizes too big, zip up instead of corset, very cheap beading, & the hottest nylon material. My legs were literally dripping in sweat just trying the thing on.

I asked for a refund, & was told to provide photos of me in the dress so the staff could ALL have a look!!!

Please avoid.

• maidenheadgirl
    Beginner May 2013
    maidenheadgirl ·
    • Hide content

Myweddingdressforless has some really stunning dresses!!!

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    coolartist87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know- and the best thing about them is that they are all their own designs - meaning all the pictures you see are their actual samples. My dress was flawless and didn't need to be altered one bit and I'm picky. It was triple layered bridal satin, properly boned corseting and didn't buckle or groan. I must mention that I did order from an e-bay one as well, and this one from MWDFL was FAR FAR superior. I'll attach a picture- I just loved it; and all under £400 Smiley smile - I did have the measurements custom to me, and they payed attention even asking how high my shoes would be to make allowances for length. I also significantly altered one of their designs already exsisting ( WG0509 - Katherine) which I must say was very successful. I had the gather moved to one side, the colours changed, and the neck line altered. I wasn't thrilled with the center gather- but I just added some extra brooches I brooches separately and it was perfect!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oooooh that dress is beauitful!!!!

• maidenheadgirl
    Beginner May 2013
    maidenheadgirl ·
    • Hide content

You look lovely! Love the dress .....slightly more reassured now!

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

Lilywedding.com did my friend's and it was lovely

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

Lilywedding.com did my friend's and it was lovely

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    coolartist87 ·
    • Hide content

Well thank you! I never do a proper wedding report- I might do one over the holidays Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics