Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K

Chocolate fix!!

KrazyKat, 25 of September of 2008 at 21:52 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 14

Ok i surrendered tonight i couldnt beat the temptation and went and got chocolate!!! Rubbish i know!

So for the future what is a good thing to eat other than a tub of ben and jerrys!??

Im on sw and any help would be much appreciated.

i need a chocolate substitute or at least the best low cal/ low syn one!!!!

14 replies

Latest activity by Lumpy Golightly, 11 of October of 2008 at 09:04
  • M
    Beginner January 2008
    Mad ·
    • Hide content

A large bag of maltesers (as in the sharing size bag) is 44 sins, so if you limit the sins you eat other days. (this is what i did last week)

• barongreenback
    Beginner September 2004
    barongreenback ·
    • Hide content

Buy chocolate batons from hotel chocolat and just have one with a cup of coffee. only about 50 calories per baton but it's real, proper chocolate.

• Zooropa
    Super October 2007
    Zooropa ·
    • Hide content

WBS - I currently have a tasing box from hotel chocolat and if I fancy some chocolate then I'll have one after dinner.

• Treacle tart
    Beginner January 2006
    Treacle tart ·
    • Hide content

One of my favourites, stolen from the SW website...... I always have some in the fridge.

chocolate orange jelly.

Serves: 4
    Syns per serving: 3½ Syns on both choices
    Preparation:
    approx 10 minutes plus cooling and setting

1 sachet sugar-free orange jelly crystals
    2 x 150g pots Total 0% fat Greek yogurt
    1oz/28g cocoa powder
    2 tbsp granulated artificial sweetener
    1 large orange
    1oz/28g plain chocolate

1. Dissolve the jelly crystals in ¼ pt/142ml boiling water. Top up with a further ½pt/284ml cold water and set aside to cool completely.

2. Place the yogurt in a bowl and sieve in the cocoa powder and artificial sweetener, beating well to combine.

3. Gently pour the cooled jelly into the yogurt mixture, whisking at the same time, until smooth. Divide the mixture between 4 individual pudding moulds or serving dishes. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours until set.

4. Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, slice the top and bottom off the orange and slice off the peel, taking away as much of the white pith as possible. Slice between each segment to release the flesh. Cover and chill until required.

5. To serve, dip the moulds in hot water for a few seconds and then invert on to serving plates. Serve with orange segments, and grate over the chocolate.

• Treacle tart
    Beginner January 2006
    Treacle tart ·
    • Hide content

Cadbury Snaps, 1½ Syn for two Cadbury Creme Egg - mini egg, 2½ Syns Walls Mini cornetto, each 3½ Syns Cadbury Curly Wurly, 15g treat size 3½ Syns Milky Bar, 12.5g standard 3½ Syns Milky Way Magic Stars, 12g bag 3½ Syns Cadbury Chocolate mousse, light, 55g pot 3½ Syns Dairy Milk, 15g treat size 4 Syns McVitie’s Go Ahead Strawberry mallows 4 Syns Cadbury Buttons, 15g bag 4 Syns Maltesers, 21.5g bag 5½ Syns Twix, 21g fun size 5 Syns Kit Kat, 2 fingers 5½ Syns Cadbury Fudge, 27g standard 6 Syns
  • SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content

I find that a piece of strong cheddar or a spoon of peanut butter are good for stopping choc cravings. They might not be a great deal lower in calories but they don't put your blood sugar out of whack.

• MrsButtercup
    Beginner February 2006
    MrsButtercup ·
    • Hide content

I love to knaw on a frozen curly wurly. It last longer when frozen and its only 6 syns. I also like the belgium chocolate options sachets for 2 syns each. You can make this without milk or use milk a HEa

• LizBjk
    Beginner May 2007
    LizBjk ·
    • Hide content

I didn't do sw so have no idea of the sin values. But when I did ww I'd buy a bag of fun size chocolate and put them in the freezer. They're tiny so not high in calories, and it would take ages to suck them.

• Debi*M
    Beginner July 2009
    Debi*M ·
    • Hide content

Im not doing sw or ww, just tryin to be more healthy and exercise more.

I always have some fun size malteasers in, and 2 finger kit kats are only somethin like 107 calories xxx

• M
    Beginner January 2007
    marmaduke* ·
    • Hide content

Mini milk ice lollys are only 30 calories (and they come in chocolate flavour)!

• Debi*M
    Beginner July 2009
    Debi*M ·
    • Hide content

Ooh yes, and skinny cow triple chocolate ice lollies are gorgeous, and something like 90 calories too! i think ill get some of them mini milks xxx

• Disco
    Beginner
    Disco ·
    • Hide content

I buy bags of single finger Twirls. They're 6 syns each, and I have one almost every day. I've just got into the habit where I feel I have to have chocolate every evening. I could wean myself off, and probably should, but for now I go for the being prepared angle. It's better than picking up a full size bar when I'm at the petrol station or the paper shop, isn't it. My other excuse is that I'm still breastfeeding, so they recommend the full 15 syns. Good enough for me, although I don't have them all every day.

There is better advice on this thread already, but I'm just sharing what works for me.

• whitty1
    Beginner December 2003
    whitty1 ·
    • Hide content

I have options hot chocolate instead. I don't know what they are in syns but they are low in points so shouldn't be too bad. They really satisfy my cravings.

• xxxsnowbunnyxxx
    Beginner
    xxxsnowbunnyxxx ·
    • Hide content

I have low fat chocolate mosse or a 2 finger kit kat

• Lumpy Golightly
    Expert February 2003
    Lumpy Golightly ·
    • Hide content

Always a Curly Wurly for me, or if I have a few points extra I might treat myself to a Crunchie. Not struck on Hotel Chocolat, BGB - I actually prefer Cadbury's.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics