Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lola88
Beginner August 2011

Chocolate fountains- opinions?

Lola88, 24 January, 2010 at 18:58 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi all...

OH and I orginially discussed the idea of having a chocolate fountain in the evening, and have had the venue were fine with it. Having looked at one again today tho I wonder whether they are more hassle than they are worth?

Blatently I'm going to spill it down my dress, and I'm thinking the kids (theres only going to be a few present) might get a bit silly over it?

Anyone else had one or been to a wedding where they have had one? What was it like?

Thanks xxx

12 replies

Latest activity by Lola88, 25 January, 2010 at 16:23
  • K
    Beginner April 2010
    kazndave ·
    • Hide content

Went to a wedding a while ago n they had one. the kids were interested in it, (chocolate is so much more interesting than a sandwich!) a few adults had a bit but the bride & groom said it wasn't worth it for the amount of stuff that was left over.

Also went to a friends for a meal, had one too many glasses of wine n then dipped into the chocolate fountain, i'll just say my t-shirt n the table saw more chocolate than my mouth did!!

I swore the next day (once i sobered up) than we definately would not be having one at our wedding!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Yuck!!!!!!

sickly, messy and the vats of cooking oil puts me right off!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm - not a big fan myself though i've never seen one working.

I think it's the idea that you had to mix oil with the chocolate that go me ?

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here. As for kids sticking fingers in it etc - I went to a wedding where they had one and the people who came with the chocolate fountain stood by it like bouncers and making sure the stuff was on the sticks right, one piece on a stick at a time, and went loopy when someone's strawberry fell off the stick and into the fountain!

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

Idea of yummy flowing chocolate i love, the idea of it getting everywhere, costing a fortune, sticky fingers, and waste makes it a no from me. I'm up for having a few bowls of sweets and choc buttons on the buffet to make up for it though!

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content

I don't think they are a terrible idea, at the wedding i went to i had a few goes on it because i hadn't used one before but most of the night there was no one round it apart from some naughty children!!!!! which seemed a waste of money to me.

• Lola88
    Beginner August 2011
    Lola88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the replies- you have all said exactly what we had been thinking!

Think we'll find something else, currently liking the idea of a popcorn or candyfloss stand (we are big children if you hadn't guessed!)

xxx

• sazzlebee
    Beginner August 2010
    sazzlebee ·
    • Hide content

Im not keen on them because of all the oil in them plus they cost a fortune!

but then again I may be a little biased, as I do candy buffets for a living. you can get just as much chocolate in a jar, and just as yummy for no where near the same price.

loving the idea of a popcorn stand or a candy floss machine though x

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

Re popcorn and candy floss... make sure it's pre done in little bags or bowls as they both will get ver messy and be lethal when mixed with wine!

• P
    Beginner October 2010
    project34 ·
    • Hide content

Dont have a chocolate fountain - they are very chav and although apparently some people think they look good - they are in fact very tacky - really really dont do there!!

• Lola88
    Beginner August 2011
    Lola88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good point! I'm thinking about a stand like you get at fairgrounds etc where it is pre-bagged and tied round the edge of the stand.... not sure how I'll actually physically do it yet but I've got plenty of time to figure it out!

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics