Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2019

christmas eve proposal insaid yes

LuxuriousYellowFlowers722, 29 of December of 2016 at 21:03 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 1

Hello I'm new to all this, and not sure if I'm writing in the right place lol

So I'm Christmas eve my partner got down on one knee and asked me to marry him Smiley smile I said yes yay

Now I'm so excited I just can't wait to start looking at things choosing my bridesmaids. We don't have much money so won't be getting married any time soon be a few years am I been silly buying wedding magazines and getting excited want to start planning engagement party?

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticBrownCakes683, 30 of December of 2016 at 21:51
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations and welcome to hitched! Curse it's not silly. Look on wedding planning rather than off topic for lots of ideas and advise from others. Enjoy your engagement and start thinking about budgets and ideas but if it will be a while remember your tastes and therefore ideas may change. Lots of people plan 3 years in advance to get what they want now. Head over to wedding planning and have fun discussing your ideas. Xx

• R
    Beginner June 2018
    RomanticBrownCakes683 ·
    • Hide content

I would say, at this stage, tentatively start making inquiries, possibly quench your appetite by visiting some wedding fayres and getting an inspiration board together.

You may find i you are positive what you want, you would get 2017 prices fixed for a 2020 (for example) wedding when naturally the prices will have increased. However, do remember you are in a great position that a good proportion of suppliers diaries are probably empty at this stage so don't settle too easily. I would 100% recommend before choosing any suppliers with this much time to go you get some good wedding insurance. One fantastic thing planning so far out give you is time for lots of DIY, believe me, neither me nor my husband are at all into crafty things however we managed to save a lot of money on things like invites by doing them ourselves.

One thing I defiantly don't think you should do is fixating on a wedding dress at this stage, our bodies change etc fashions change etc ...however that is not to say you can't start looking online etc.

Also, I wouldn't 'commit' to bridesmaids yet, unfortunately, friendships change/people get other commitments etc, and you wouldn't want to be in the awkward position of having to have 'the conversation' with friends you aren't as close to anymore/who knows who you might meet in the meantime!

One more thing I would like to point out to you is, and this isn't said to be mean. Please don't feel insulted if your wedding just isn't that important to anybody else (yet) the number of brides-to-be on these groups who get upset about this fact is sad, nearer the time people will be so excited for you but not just yet... keep active on here, and we will all be excited for you!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics