Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner November 2015

Christmas wedding ideas

lisamm2502, 15 of March of 2015 at 19:21 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello, we are getting married on 28th November 2015 and are having a christmas wedding. I am struggling with ideas for decorations and any great ideas that can incorporate christmas. Our colour is christmas red.

Must also say we are on quite a tight budget so looking at mostly things we can diy.

Thank you so much

8 replies

Latest activity by Lapland2015, 17 of March of 2015 at 22:27
  • M
    Beginner October 2015
    MrsWatkinsToBe ·
    • Hide content

Paper chains or bunting made with Christmas paper/fabric.

Christmas crackers as favours (maybe add your own fillings). Or baubels with guest name written on one side and your names and wedding date on the other?

Christmas in different languages as table names, e.g. Noel (French), Nadolig (Welsh), Natale (Italian) etc.

Will keep thinking

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarah.jones ·
    • Hide content

Oooh I think you could do lots of greenery, if you're thinking of doing bits yourself you could harvest things from friends & families gardens. Even if you're not particularly arty greenery with just a few red flowers and berries looks really effective. So atmospheric a Christmas wedding, lucky you !!

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    Aquiescence* ·
    • Hide content

For our spring wedding we are doing lots of greenery with fairylights in it - I think this would work well for Xmas as it is what I do for the house at xmas! I am mostly using just Ivy but you could use holly and mistletoe. Just buy the fairylights and get out into the forest to find the greenery, overall costs very little and very effective.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Christmas red will be beautiful! Pine cone table name holders, Candy canes as wedding favours, bunting, Barry's and greenery for decor, candles if you can use them in your venue. If you Google Christmas red weddings there are lots of ideas :-)

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

• A
    Beginner December 2015
    awhitewedding2602 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married 30th December some of our details include using ivy (free) and pinecones. We also picked up a lot of decorations in the January sales (sorry for slightly late advice) and we're using baubles as our guest book (again, something we picked up in the sales).

Hope that helps :-)

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

We're date twins! I'm 30th dec too lol

• A
    Beginner December 2015
    awhitewedding2602 ·
    • Hide content

I remember, we've spoken before! :-) How exciting- how on earth did you get your countdown signature to work? xx

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I just used the http code. Yours seems a lot longer than mine is there a shorter code starting http?

I tried copying mine to a message but it won't let me :-/ xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics