Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

diamondbride
Beginner July 2016

Church and venue booked - Ramside Hall!

diamondbride, 29 April, 2012 at 17:22

Posted on Planning 43

Hi ladies! We've been engaged for coming up to 2 years now and after looking at nearly every venue in the North East we have finally booked our reception venue - Ramside Hall in Durham. I'm so excited!! We went to look around a couple of weekends ago and loved it, and went back to their wedding open...

Hi ladies!

We've been engaged for coming up to 2 years now and after looking at nearly every venue in the North East we have finally booked our reception venue - Ramside Hall in Durham. I'm so excited!!

We went to look around a couple of weekends ago and loved it, and went back to their wedding open evening last Monday with my mum for her seal of approval, and we've now been to pay the deposit. It's official... i'm getting married!!

Just wondering if anyone else has been to / is getting married at Ramside Hall? Would love to hear any stories (good ones I hope now deposit is paid!! hehe)

Thanks

DB x

43 replies

• diamondbride
    Beginner July 2016
    diamondbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the driveway Ali, and was thinking that myself about the autumn colours! You read my mind!

Thanks for the info about the fair. We will definitely be going so i'm glad the last one was good.

I've been having a peak at the Ramside photos on your website - they're beautiful and i'm even more excited looking at them!! I'll be in touch as soon as we start looking at photography! I know it's a longshot but I don't suppose you've ever covered a wedding at our church - St Bartholomew's in Longbenton??

DB x

• diamondbride
    Beginner July 2016
    diamondbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiya and congrats!

Aaaah venue twin! What's your date and which room have you booked? Would love to hear your ideas for your day!

DB x

• diamondbride
    Beginner July 2016
    diamondbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiya!

Beamish Hall is beautiful, which room have you picked? We went to view Beamish and it was on our shortlist. Well there's plenty of North East brides around here so keep in touch and we can all share ideas!

DB x

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi DB

Thanks so much for your comments about the photos on our website Smiley smile Yes once you start looking at photographers please get in touch and we can meet up for a coffee and a chat.

We haven't covered at wedding at St Bartholomews but if you did want to book us we'd visit the church before the big day to have a good look around Smiley smile

Ali x

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Loula

I went to look at St Peter's today and really want to get married there. Do you know any of the requirements for there? i.e do you have to live within a certain distance/go to services there before hand. We are planning on going back during the week and hopefully speak to someone, but would be great to find out some details before hand. Also, can I be cheeky and ask how much it's csting to get married there?

You must be so excited with so little time left ?

Beginner July 2013
    *Loula** ·
    • Hide content

Hi Tinytottori

St Peters is FAB. St Peters is now part of the parish of St Andrews and All Saints Roker. The 3 churches have a surgery on a Wednesday evening at Priestman Hall in St Andrews (Talbot Road) We have just bought a house in Whitburn which is out of the catchment area for the parish but we were lucky that my mam and dad were married in St Andrews which made us eligible to marry in any of the 3 churches. (Had to take mam and dads marriage certificate as proof☹️ Think you have to either live in the area, have been baptised or had a family member married there to be eligible. We booked in March and had to pay £100 deposit. The price increased in April and will again next April so will be in the region of £450.

Hope its good news for you and you get your wish.

Look forward to hearing more about your plans.

1 year 2 months to go ?

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Loula,

We live in Jarrow and had a look at St Paul's, which is twinned with St Peter's, but the inside was not what I want for my special day. I was hoping that we might be alowed seeing as the two are twinned, but I guess I will just have to ask. The price seems roughly what I was expecting, so that's good.

Does anybody know any really nice churches where I would be in the catchment area?? I've had a quick look online at photos, but a lot of them lead right onto a street, in the town centre, or the buildings are too modern for what I want for my photos.

I'm totally gutted that I might not be able to have St Peter's. I've already had to sacrifice my dream church and reception venues. I've had them picked out since I was a teenager, but they are in South Wales, where I am originally from, and my OH has family in North West Scotland and Edinburgh and the journey is more than my OH is willing to ask people to travel.

We're not getting married for another 2 years so at least I have plenty of time to try and sort something out, I guess ?

• K
    Beginner July 2012
    keilyb ·
    • Hide content

Hi ive just been married on 1st june at ramside hall had the best day i couldnt have asked for better i had a big issue with the cake and as we were stopping at the venue and everyone was busy and only a few had cars a member of staff offered to go to durham and pick me up a cake with a member of my family between the ramside and my room decor ladys they got me a beautiful cake and decorated it lovely saved my day the staff and service are faultless they go above and beyond there jobs to make sure your day is as what every bride dreams of had a fab day and wouldnt change one second of it we had the fountain room and the marquee and it was stunning the best day of my life x

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

Congrats on booking your wedding at Ramside Hall I've been to numerous weddings and functions there and they have always been lovely.

I am another north east bride from Durham but live in Sunderland now and in getting married in Northumberland lol!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

That looks gorgeous x

• K
    Beginner March 2013
    kay;) ·
    • Hide content

Hya everyone!! ooo ramside is a fantastic venue our friends got married there last year and was a beautiful day Smiley smile we getting married next march at bowburn hall xxx

• S
    Beginner September 2013
    Shelenmac ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies,

I appreciate that this thread is fairly old but I thought that I'd post anyway... We have also booked the Ballroom at Ramside - after looking at many venues around the North East, my OH and I fell in love with the Ballroom as soon as we saw it!

We've been back a few times now on open days with parents and bridesmaids to show them the room and I have to say that the more I see the place, the happier I am with it! I've heard lots of good things about them too and it's nice to see that you all have positive reports too.

How is everyones planning coming along? Any tips or tricks worth sharing? What colours and themes are you all thinking of? Ours is navy and pearl.

Thanks

SH xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics