Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Suzie&Karl
Beginner January 2012

Church Bells

Suzie&Karl, 4 May, 2010 at 14:30 Posted on Planning 0 10

Is anybody having these at there church wedding?

If so, have you been charged extra for them? I desperatly want them at our wedding, but the church is costing us over £500 as it is.

xx

10 replies

Latest activity by fiona1984, 5 May, 2010 at 09:21
  • Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Our ceremony is costing us £1011. That includes the bells, the choir and the organist. I have no idea what each item costs individually though.

• M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content

We're having them and they are costing £150

The rest of our church costs are £430 including the choir

It does seem a lot but I really love church bells and cant imagine not hearing them ringing when I'm getting married so its worth the cost to me

x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

At the moment no, because they are £220 for 15 minutes!!!

On top of £500 service, £300 organ (also reconsidering this!)

Not paying for flowers as it is during lent so none allowed!

• M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That seems a high, where are you getting married? Ours will be £570 including bells, service, verger, vicar and organist and having our banns read in 2 parishes.

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

We are. It is extra but only £30 so our total is £450 including them, the organist was also extra but is included in the £450

Our church has tubular bells not the normal ones and they sound great, we can have different tunes and things played on them rather than just ringing!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

At St Paul's and St Peter's Church in Checkendon, South Oxfordshire. The only way of reducing the price is to forego the bells, choir etc which we'd rather not do. It does seem to be a lot more than most people are paying.

It might be because they do so few weddings. A great way of increasing the church roof donations!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

The total price for our church is £625, of this the bells are £150. This is because they require 6 people to ring the bells, and you have to pay for their time to come in on a Saturday.

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

The church we are getting wed at is costing £515.00 and that includes, the organist, choir, bells, copyright license for videographer, and obviously the services and Marriage Certificates ?

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

Seems quite alot of you like bells then lol.

i'll have to see, i dont have to pay anything for the church for along time so i will see how the rest of my budget goes...and talk to my Dad nicely!

x

• fiona1984
    Beginner July 2013
    fiona1984 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in church and our whole ceremony is costing £550 that includes organ and bells we aren't having a choir as we have quite a few guests coming so they should be loud enough to fill the church!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics