Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsT-tobe
Beginner June 2013

Church decoration ideas!

MrsT-tobe, 22 April, 2012 at 16:38 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hiya, I have looked at my church through new eyes today. Today was the first time since planning to get married there that i have been in the church. (visited the vicar at the vicarage to arrange the wedding)

I've now realised that i will need something to spruce the church up abit. I hadn't budgeted for this so definately won't be able to afford fresh flowers.

Has anyone got any ideas on what else can be used?

7 replies

Latest activity by Randomsabreur, 22 April, 2012 at 18:34
  • T
    Beginner November 2012
    Topbird999 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not having many fresh flowers in my church. The ones I am having will also double up as the top table arrangement at the reception. I am currently saving pretty jars which I intend to put some gyp (cheap) in tied round the top with a bit of twine. Other jars will have tealights in. I have also found some lovely wooden tealights lanterns things on eBay for 4.99. Again all of these will transfer to the reception. I am think of getting some cheap organza roll (eBay) to tie into bows on the pew ends. Oh and a couple of hanging mirrored hearts...... All in all about £40 worth. I can't wait to get my hands on it all!!

• MrsT-tobe
    Beginner June 2013
    MrsT-tobe ·
    • Hide content

Thought about the organza idea of tying bows at the end of pews. Thought of maybe buying several vases and arranging some silk flowers in them to scatter around the church. Could transfer those to the reception.

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

I bought a selection of glass vases from a charity shop for 65p each and im just having tulips in vases....i have lots of ivy that i have been collecting today which i am also going to use and i have made lots of pearls and butterflies on ribbons to hang off the main lights and the screen....

• *BigBird*
    Beginner April 2013
    *BigBird* ·
    • Hide content

What about bay trees - Some places hire these out £25 for 4

You could have these for pew ends. You can get lots of cheap stuff from The Range that look really nice.

• essex_charlene
    Beginner September 2012
    essex_charlene ·
    • Hide content

I brought my pew ends from ebay. they are gorgeous and were £38 for 14 x

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Have you got a flash of your church?

Theres so many ideas for decoration you can use but also bear in mind that churches look very different when they are filled with people... I'm not putting any decoration into mine as I think it would go unnoticed really..

Another consideration is could you use some decoration in both the church and the reception? and have someone move them between?

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

I'm not putting any decoration in my church, but it's really light (even when weather is horrible) and even the Easter decor wasn't that noticeable. I worked out you'd need several k (possibly about 10k) to make a difference (huge, detailed church) and spending a few hundred wouldn't be worth the effort (has basic flowers anyway!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics