Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SaraPoppy
Dedicated July 2020

Church doesn't have an organ. Wedding march?

SaraPoppy, 17 of September of 2014 at 20:10 Posted on Planning 0 9

We are getting married in tiny 12th century church in the middle of a field. It only holds 60 people and is absolutely beautiful and perfect for us. However there isn't an organ. They do have a CD player which they use when we sing hyms on a Sunday but I'm not sure the wedding march would have the same effect on a CD. What would you do? I'm trying to keep everything as traditional as possible but I think walking in to something else might be better? Can anyone suggest anything?

9 replies

Latest activity by pammy67, 17 of September of 2014 at 22:53
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

What about a solo trumpet player? If it was my wedding I'd borrow something like a Bose CD player that can get a really good volume.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

How about live music- string quartet

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a civil ceremony so no religious music allowed, i'm walking in to I giorni by einaudi, which my brother (a huge music nut) said is the most beautiful piece of music he's ever heard. I think he is planning to bring his bose those :-)

• Hide content

I shot a wedding a few years back who had a church that sounds just like yours with not even any car access and the whole wedding was walked up the path from the church to the main road by an accordion player, who could play in the church for you.

• SaraPoppy
    Dedicated July 2020
    SaraPoppy ·
    • Hide content

Fabulous ideas! I need to see if the budget can stretch though. Parking is very limited and people tend to park at the barn across the road and walk up a hill so I love the idea of someone leading them. I like the idea of having a small choir dotted about and having them sing. Kind of like the singing waiters idea but in a church. I'm not sure if that would work though!

• SaraPoppy
    Dedicated July 2020
    SaraPoppy ·
    • Hide content

I forgot to mention that it takes about 7 steps to get from the entrance to the alter so I need something short. The bridesmaids will be walking in first to give us a bit more time. I never thought I would worry about music!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I like the string quartets idea but just wanted to mention you might not be able to fit one in! My local church is tiny, built in 1130, and you wouldn't be able to seat a musician with any large instrument in there.

If you book a musician I'd go for one who can stand and move if necessary, eg trumpet, flute, violin.

• Hide content
    View quoted message

Here it is found it, from a wedding I shot 10 years ago, I think it will fit perfectly, one man, dosent even need to sit down- lower cost than a string - cooler - more quirky and still traditional AND its an organ.

• SaraPoppy
    Dedicated July 2020
    SaraPoppy ·
    • Hide content

I really like this idea! Thank you!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm having that piece too. My son will play it on the piano, we'll record it and then play it on the iPod as he walks me in. It's a lovely piece Smiley smile

OP, churches and chapels often use CDs now so I wouldn't worry. X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics