Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner November 2024 Fife & Angus

Church donation

Kayleigh, 7 of November of 2023 at 16:34 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi,

We're getting married next November and using our local church, as we are members, we have been told just to provide a donation but I have no idea how much seems like a suitable amount. There also hasn't been a local wedding there for a while, so I don't think there's anyone that we can ask for an estimate.

We are providing our guests with an option of a church or charity donation instead of gifts, but we were just going to put our donation on top of this.

Our certificates etc are separate as we're in Scotland.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

4 replies

Latest activity by SL WaltonJones, 8 of November of 2023 at 16:01
  • S
    Dedicated July 2024 West Midlands
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    I would like to hear others responses to this too. I'm in a similar situation with our church.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I think the church will be grateful for whatever you can give, but as a minimum, try to cover costs (in November, I'm assuming the church will be heated plus of course there will be cleaning to be done) and a bit more if you can. I don't know if the church is providing the minister and if he/she is speaking, but if so, bear in mind not just the time they take at the service, but the time spent in preparation too. By the time they have prepared a message, met with you to plan, perhaps done a wedding rehearsal plus officiated on the day, it's probably at least a full day of their time.

• Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in a catholic church and our costs come to £400 (not as a donation), this covers the ceremony, the priest and all legalities and then the organist who is playing the music x

• S
    Dedicated July 2024 West Midlands
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, this is a useful guide.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics