Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner August 2018

Church door arch flowers

Nibbler, 24 of January of 2018 at 09:18 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hello!

First post here, hope someone can help.

I am over a year into planning for my August 2018 wedding. We are getting married in a little Victorian re-styled Norman CoE church near our home. It's a low budget wedding, a lot of it is DIY but I am having some florist flowers, but we don't have any budget left for church flowers. I really would like some flowers in the church (and the moon on a stick). In the church we are DIY'ing pew ends (jars of baby's breath). Unfortunately the regular church flower arranger is on holiday when we get married so we are scuppered there. I think we might be able to stretch to an altar arrangement from the florist. I would really like some flowers over the church doors and the lych gate as doorways are such great photo locations.

Here's some examples: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/search/pins/?rs=ac&len=2&q=church%20arch%20flowers&eq=church%20arch&etslf=NaN&term_meta[]=church%7Cautocomplete%7Cundefined&term_meta[]=arch%7Cautocomplete%7Cundefined&term_meta[]=flowers%7Cautocomplete%7Cundefined

I don't mind what kind of flowers we have at the church, and I would be happy with plenty of foliage and white / cream / ivory blooms as I think that's nice in a church setting (loads of colour at the reception venue though!)

Does anyone know of any obvious way to dress the doorways in a tasteful way for not much money?!

And in case you are wondering, no I don't have any experienced/skilled flower arrangers prepared to help me with this, but I do have some kind and lovely friends who will do their best!

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 replies

Latest activity by Jennifer, 30 of March of 2024 at 15:50
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Those that you have linked to are very very big and would take a professional hours to do also does the church already have any means of securing to the doorway. I would suggest that if funds are tight then don't try to do both doorway and gate but just concentrate on the gate where you can also easily find ways to attach because if you don't get enough up there then you will be surprised how many people will not notice them.☹️ Lots of ivy may help the cost.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics