Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner June 2014

church flowers.. help!

goingtobemrsmatthews, 15 of January of 2014 at 17:32 Posted on Planning 0 3

Our vicar is not the best at providing information.. but he has told us that two of the church ladies deal with the wedding flowers.

Im yet to track them down, but am a bit confused to what the set up is..do they buy the flowers and i pay them or do i buy them and they arrange them?!..anyone with any experience of this your information would be most appreciated.

Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 16 of January of 2014 at 12:19
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Usually, the church ladies do the flowers every week but for a wedding, they should ask what your colour scheme is and will try to incorporate this for you. They charge you but they buy the flowers and arrange them. They are normally expected to be left in church as a donation which means you wouldn't be able to transfer them to the reception.

A word of warning, some church ladies actually charge more than your local florist would so do get a few quotes before approaching the church. The vicar should give you their names and phone number so you can have a chat about what you would like.

Hope that helps.

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

Same as above, we have been told that a lady does the flowers at the church and we have been given prices... don't know if this may help you:

6 x 'book ends' (arrangements at the end of seats in the aisle) £100

4 x top window arrangements £100

1 x Pedestal £70 (can have up to 4 of those)

We were also told that if there is another wedding on the same day (they only do a maximum of 2 weddings per day) then the cost of the flowers will be halved. I am not sure how this works if the other couple want all of the flowers avalable and we don't want any and vice versa?

• M
    marmaladejar ·
    • Hide content

Our church are doing an altar arrangement, two small and one large pedestal and some on the font for £200. We have been told they are happy for us to remove the pedestal flowers and take them to the reception if we wish (which we will do!).

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes this is quite common, And I find that job is usually given to the ushers to do

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics