Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner November 2011

church pew decorations

November 2011 bride, 13 February, 2011 at 23:04 Posted on Planning 0 4

Nosing on jojos thread regarding decorating trees i popped onto ebay to look at pull bows and thought maybe i could use them to decorate the end of the pews in the church? workable?

If so can anyone tell em what size id need (am hopeless at size estimations)

Also if you are decorating your church pews how are you doing it, what are you using?

Thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by Storky, 14 February, 2011 at 09:56
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I had exactly the same thought. I ordered some pull bows, but they aren't to my personal taste at all. Something like this I assume?

They would be very easy to assemble and put up - either pinned or tacked on, although most churches i've been to have little hooks there as they know brides will want to hang something there.

In the end we've hired something like these (but in red) from the florist for £2 per pew:

She will set them up herself while delivering the pedestall arrangement to church and take them down too.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

They are easy enough to add to pews. If you don't have anywhere to tie them onto a small blob of blu tac works a treat! 31mm would be a better size for the pews.

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

I wasn't keen on the pull bows either- they didn't suit the church at all as it's such an old building. The florist is also helping us out with pretty ribbons, she will drop them off to us the day before the wedding so we plan to decorate after our rehearsal. We have only got one small floral display at the front of the church where we will sign the register. Luckily it's a very small church so we don't have to spend too much on decoration there!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I shoud have said too - our florist suggested having them on every other pew as we have a total of 28 pews! haha

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

We're going to have flowers on the end of ours. I'm meeting with the florist on 5th to discuss options.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics