Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner August 2024 Kent

Church to reception

Gina, 12 of June of 2024 at 13:19 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all,

So I get married in August in a church at 15:00, the service lasts for 1 hour, then the photographer will be doing photos outside the church whilst the florist moves the flowers to the reception venue. The invite states that the reception starts at 17:00, but I'm concerned that people will rush to the reception straight after the ceremony and it wont be ready. I want the reverend to just comment that the reception venue opens at 17:00, but my other half feels this is rude and we just have to accept that it won't be finished when they arrive. I then thought about maybe having a table with some bottles of prosecco and plastic flutes for people to have a drink at the church whilst photos are being done, but again, my other half thinks this is a silly waste of money.

What are others opinions!?

2 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 13 of June of 2024 at 14:21
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

How far is the reception from the church? Unless it's extremely close, I don't think you need to worry too much, since by the time the photos are done, it will probably be close to 5 anyway. But if you're worried about people turning up too early, there is absolutely nothing rude about announcing that at the ceremony - far better to tell people than have them turning up half an hour early had having to hang around in a carpark waiting to be let in!

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I very rarely do too much at the Church with the aim of getting off as quickly as possible to the reception where most of the photos will be done as there is usually more space at the venue and more importantly that is where the bar is !

The odd occasion where I do shoot more at the Church I find that its more likely the friends that sneak off to the reception (read bar )

So a good way to keep them there might be to say the reception BAR is not open until 5pm Smiley shame

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics