Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mickeyandminnie
Beginner July 2015

Church wedding - Choir

mickeyandminnie, 26 of February of 2014 at 10:54 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi All,

Our parish doesn't have a worship group (apparently this is the new name for choir now days within the church)

They have suggested that they can get an external choir group in for our wedding but couldn't give me an idea of cost.

I just wondered if you had / are having a choir and how much you are being charged please? It would be handy if you could give me a rough idea of your location too.

Thanks in advance.

Megan xxx

8 replies

Latest activity by BrideCummins14, 28 of February of 2014 at 09:47
  • Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

Hello Megan

Our choir is optional, I think we are going to go ahead with it and it is an extra £150.

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    sdj86 ·
    • Hide content

The church i am marrying in also doesn't have it's own 'Worship Group' lol. I have looked in to an external choir, and have been quoted approx £25.00 per member, and i think I will be hiring a group of 8.

Hope you find something soon.

Stacey ?

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

No help here, but I'm interested in what other people are doing, as this is something I'm not sure about myself.

I didn't think I wanted a choir (I also don't want bells ringing etc, just because it's in a church I don't want it to be a big thing, if that makes sense) but my mum pointed out that if not many people sing the hymns, the choir will make up for it. I know most of my family especially my dad's side aren't likely to sing, so now I don't know what would be best. Interested to see other peoples thoughts and prices Smiley smile

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

I am having a choir with a difference - they sing all modern songs, they are amazing - there are 25 of them!!! Costing a small fortune but I love love love them £700 well spent in my opinion. Local church choirs are cheaper as we looked around but we wanted this modern one. They will also sing along to the hymns etc in the service so all rounders

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

Laurafish - I went to a wedding and it was so embarrasing - not worth having the hymns in my opinion! trying to sing a high pitched hymn left everyone squirming - that's when i decded i have to have a choir lol

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

Sounds amazing BrideCummins14 - where are you based?

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

Sounds amazing BrideCummins14 - where are you based?

• S
    Beginner
    SmallandMighty ·
    • Hide content

We got married in London and I 'think' the choir cost 350 pounds.....however I made my husband join the choir and as a result the choir sang for free!

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Mickyandminnie, our wedding is in Suffolk - they would travel though, they're dotted all over the place the ladies in the choir so worth asking or at least going to see them

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics