Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner

Church Weddings on a Sunday

stephaniehardy, 21 April, 2010 at 10:26 Posted on Planning 0 2

I have just found the perfect venue but their saturdays next year are fully booked up but there is a bank holiday sunday left. Unfortunately the church I wanted to get married in will not do weddings on a sunday. There is another local church which has not said yes or no, but have topld me that I need to use my local parish church. Any ideas on what I could do?

2 replies

Latest activity by jem179, 21 April, 2010 at 12:11
  • bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

I think it all depends on the area, Church and vicar to be honest...I went to a wedding last year on a Sunday, and niether the bride or groom had any connection to the Church - it was a good 30 miles from where they live now too. They did go before the wedding so they were known to the Church, and the bride had her banns read there so I guess she must have been on the electoral roll, but it certainly wasn't their local parish Church.

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Oh, and welcome to Hitched!

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

? elcome to hitched

It is up to the church whether they will marry you or not. I am getting married outside my parish but I do have a connection to the church. If they do let you get married you have to have the banns read in both parishes and will have to pay for it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics