Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C

circus/ carnival/ fairground theme wedding help!

cupcake baker, 20 of May of 2015 at 11:43 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hiya

Im having a carnival / fun fair/ circus themed wedding and struggling to find fun fair games and decor bits.
It seems everything I like or find is only available in America! Its a tricky theme (kind o f regretting it) as its so hard to make sure it doesnt look like a childs birthday party.
I wanted to have some side stalls like hook a duck, hoopla, tin can alley, I contacted a few companies but its £350+ for a stall and they look cheap and tacky!
Any suggestions are appreciated!!!
x

circus/ carnival/ fairground theme wedding help!

7 replies

Latest activity by Justkeepswimming, 23 of July of 2015 at 19:55
  • C
    cupcake baker ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for any confusion! I have 2 seperate posts!

I'm having two events!!

My henna party is circus/ carnival/ fairground theme and my actual hindu wedding and reception is woodland theme!

• C
    cupcake baker ·
    • Hide content

I did look at DIY option but have less than 2 months to go and still a lot to do!!

Was hoping to just hire ready made stuff.

• C
    cjfenney ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, I don't know if your wedding has now been and gone, but do check out www.traditionalfairground.com, they have fabulous vintage style fairground games and stalls that aren't tacky and look perfect for weddings (ok i'm biased I co-own the business, but we do tons of weddings!) Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

Bizarre! i was just about to post about my hen do - dark circus themed!

bunting is a good diy.

how about using pasting tables for your stalls? beg, borrow steal these from friends. are you having this outdoors? would def work for your tin can alley. save up your empty tins - spray paint them or cover in pretty paper.

your hook-a-duck could be done with a paddling pool? maybe blindfold your hens (pinata style!). then just get a broomshank (about £1 and you should be able to make 2 per shank), cut down and screw a hook on the end (pack of hooks about £1 too.

there are lots of cool vintage circus photo's online you can use to make posters. no need for gloss prints either, the black and white looks great on plain paper. thats how i made my hen invites.

finally, check out some local circus groups. many will come out to teach basic skills for a small fee, and bring their own kit. juggling balls can be found at bootsales. you can also make poi from a pair of long primark socks and a tennis ball (or softer if you havent spun before!).

hope this helps!

• C
    cupcake baker ·
    • Hide content

Hiya I loved your stalls but I'm based in Hertfordshire, Borehamwood. I don't have such a big budget to afford all your stalls as much as i really do love them Smiley sad

• C
    cjfenney ·
    • Hide content

Aww thanks so much for your lovely comments, yes sadly, we're quite far from Hertfordshire. However, I wanted to let you know that both Baker Ross and http://www.peeks.co.uk/fundraising/side-show-games do sideshow games (I've even seen come hire companies buying from these places and hiring them out!) We get all our hoopla hoops and coconut shy from here, and the prices are amazing!!

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a wedding that had bumper cars, it was great fun! Although to be fair it was probably quite expensive (they have lots of money!)

have been to a Christmas do that was funfair themed and they had candy floss stall, the hit the bell with the big hammer thing (strongman?! Or whatever it's called!), coconut toss, ring toss, that sort of thing. Prizes were sweets or blowing bubbles, that sort of thing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics