Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

RomanticIvoryCakes32606
Beginner October 2020

Civil Ceremony - Additional Promises

RomanticIvoryCakes32606, 21 of April of 2020 at 21:20 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi Everyone,

Me and my fiance have decided to write additional promises for our civil marriage ceremony. I've written what I would like to say but I'm not sure if it's likely to get approved because it's quite long, has a few opening lines before the promises and some humour that makes it quite personal to us. Could anyone who has used their own additional promises and got them approved (or rejected!) give their thoughts?

"I’ve been so lucky over the past nearly ten years, to have you beside me, through all the changes, joy and challenges life brings. We have kept our relationship strong, through love, laughter, trust and honesty even when living far apart.

Today, I promise to be your wife, to love, encourage and support you as we carve our path together into the future. I promise to laugh at your terrible jokes and be your number one fan in everything you do.

I promise to push you to go for your dreams and believe in yourself. I promise to remind you not to wind your sisters up too much and make healthy choices (like not having seconds at dinner all week!). I promise to never try to change you, because you are already perfect. "

Thanks for your help!

1 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 22 of April of 2020 at 11:37
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It does seem very much up to the local registry office (there are some basic rules, but some places have their own extra 'rules' too) so it's probably best if you ask the registry office direct.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is correct but if what you have written is the whole of it then I do not think any will have an issue with it at all.

It may depend on if it is a register office with lots of weddings so there may be time constraints.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics