Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2012

Civil ceremony - Do we have to see each other before ??

LittleMissB, 21 March, 2012 at 09:38 Posted on Planning 0 4

I have just been going trough our registrar pack and noticed that it says we will both have a quick interview with registrar together before the ceremony.

We are getting married at a hotel and the wedding co ordinator said we wont see each other untill I make my entrance to room, but now after reading through the pack im worried that we will have to meet together for this interview.

Has anyone else had this can you request to be seen seperatly or is this the only way they do it.

I know that when my brother got married at the registry office they had to sit in a room together before ceremony and confirm their details I would be really gutted if we had to do this and my OH agrees this is not what he would want.

4 replies

Latest activity by Mellow_Yellow, 21 March, 2012 at 10:23
  • Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

It's separate. The registrar talks to the groom then comes to find you. They just go over details.

• angelicdevil69
    Beginner November 2013
    angelicdevil69 ·
    • Hide content

I think the registrar sees you both seperately prior to the ceremony - when our friends got married in January they were in different rooms, the registrar saw the groom first and then while he was heading to the ceremony room the registrar saw the bride.

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LittleMissB ·
    • Hide content

Thats good to hear, thank you.

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    Bride2012 ·
    • Hide content

I think you need to specify if you wish to be seen together or separately but is is definitely possible not to see the groom until the ceremony. We need to let our venue (also a hotel) know what we wish to do.

Michelle

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This for definite!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics