Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2015

Civil ceremony interview on the day of your wedding

MrsB2015, 14 of July of 2014 at 22:05 Posted on Planning 0 11

I have just read on a fb page that some registrars interview u together before your civil ceremony? I was under the impression they did it separately.

Has anyone been interviewed together? Or been advised of this?

xx

11 replies

Latest activity by Alreadymarried , 15 of July of 2014 at 12:21
  • MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I was told that we will have an interview together some weeks/months before the ceremony, then be interviewed again separately on the day of the wedding.

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

We were interviewed separately when we gave notice, and answered a few questions separately on the day.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

I heard it was seperately, I guess to make sure one isn't forced into it by the other lol! Besides, a lot of brides and grooms don't want to see each other before the ceremony as per tradition.

Our registrar doesn't allow any alcohol to be consumed before the ceremony... but I want a glass of champers! I hope she doesn't notice haha!!

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

I really didn't know you had to be interviewed for a civil ceremony ?!?

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have an interview on our day, they just asked us to confirm the details we have them when we first gave notice... Didn't even ask us for ID!

I thought it was pretty slack really... I could have easily sent a friend in my place to do the deed for me!

• J
    Beginner September 2014
    Jfh ·
    • Hide content

We had to have three sessions of pre-marital counselling.

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    Chamchick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were interviewed (asked questions re name, jobs, addresses, fathers details). On the day they see you to confirm nothing has changed, we had the choice to do this together or separately.

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Ive bin married before and had a register office wedding. At the time of giving notice they asked if we wanted to be interviewed separately or together on the day. we went in together and walked down the aisle together so yes you can be interviewed on the day together

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content

Our registrars give us the choice but we have to let them know in advance if we wanna be interviewed separately.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is at 3:30, we got the choice to both turn up at 3:15 to be interviewed together or OH arrive at 3 for his and myself at 3:15 for mine, by that time he would of been used in so won't see me. On our invites we've put arrive at 3:15 at the latest.

If ou have any questions I would contact your registrar office just to double cheek but my understanding is it's yours and you OH's choice you just need to let them know how your doing it.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

We were interviewed separately on the day. Just the same details we'd been through before. We had a meeting about six weeks prior to the wedding to go through readings, music etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics