Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner December 2010

Civil Ceremony Music

H12, 14 June, 2010 at 12:21 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi,

I would like to use Beyonce's song Ave Maria at my civil ceremomy.....does any one know if this is ok to use? I wasn't sure if the registrar would say no as it has a religiuos title? Has anyone used this for their civil ceremony?

6 replies

Latest activity by Red Baroness, 26 July, 2010 at 16:50
  • M
    Beginner October 2010
    mrsmiller2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm in a similar situation, my OH really wants me to walk down the aisle to Hallelujah (the Jeff Buckly version) however we're not sure whether it'll be allowed by the registrar. The best bet is to ask them, I'm going to get OH to call and check with them in the next few weeks x

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Our registrar didn't allow me to walk down the aisle to Beyonce's "Halo" but I have heard of less strict registrars..

• sara.jo
    Beginner June 2011
    sara.jo ·
    • Hide content

How bizarre! This is the song I would like too, and I have a civil ceremony....I have not got as far as asking the registrar..I actually would like it played when we are signing the register after the ceremony.....

I can't believe Halo couldnt be played - I wouldn't say that was religious as she is talking about her man having a Halo!! I was thinking of having that one as a first dance - slight Beyonce overload?! I also have tried to pretend to dance with my OH to it (when he's been out! Lol) and its a funny one to get the feet moving to! :o)

Hope you can have your song! x

• Hello Sunshine
    Beginner
    Hello Sunshine ·
    • Hide content

But Halo is a religious term isn't it?

I'm curious about Hallelujah as I'd love to include the Jeff Buckley version - MrsMiller2B, would you be able to update when you've heard from the registrar?

• M
    Beginner December 2011
    Myers ·
    • Hide content

HI Did you ever find out if you are able to use Beyonce's version of Ava Maira at a civil ceremony as i was looking to use this at my civil ceremony during the signing of the register.

Also does anyone know if you are able to use Clare de Lune at a civil ceremony. I will be asking my registrar in Decemebr but wanted to get an idea of songs i could use first.

cheers

xx

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't see why not as it is completely instrumental. It's my favourite piece of classical music. I want to have it for the signing of the register.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics