Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner April 2018

civil ceremony music

RomanticBlueCakes716, 6 of March of 2017 at 22:32 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all, as we are having a civil ceremony, we just intend on having our music on CD but I'm not sure of the logistics of who actually presses play! Our venue didn't seem too keen on taking on the responsibility but does it sound really cheap asking a family member to take charge of pressing play?

4 replies

Latest activity by RomanticBlueCakes716, 7 of March of 2017 at 21:49
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

A staff member did ours. At a friend's civil wedding a staff member/registrar asked everyone to be seated and pressed play. Make sure it's set up correctly. Friend chose a Beatles track but due to an error they played "we all live in a yellow submarine" !

If they dont want to take responsibility for starting the music is it something the best man could do?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Might not be a good job for the best man because he will also be needed at the top for the rings. I don't see a problem with giving the job to a guest, but just remind them to fade down the volume instead of just cutting it off - sound so much better that way.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I'm unsure of how it works at our venue either, as our ceremony venue is basically unmanned & a bit DIY! I'm going to ask the registrar at our meeting in May, but I've lined up a guest to do it just in case as he also needs to be in charge of music at the reception! ?

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

We have to ask a guest to do ours. The venue will talk them through it on the day. I'm putting all of the music onto a CD, and onto playlists on my iPod and laptop as backups.

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all for the replies. I'll certainly ask the registrar and the venue again but will probably have to get one of the grooms brothers to do it. I'm just glad to see this is not an unusual scenario.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics