Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2011

Civil Ceremony music at venue

mysticcuddles, 26 February, 2010 at 20:40 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi

Need some help. I want to have music at my civil wedding ceremony. It is going to be held at a licensed venue so was wondering if I can have any kind a reglious music ie. pie jesu, ave maria, or do I have have to restrict it to completely non religious. Also any suggestions on music from start to finish of ceremony?

Mysticcuddles

2 replies

Latest activity by mysticcuddles, 27 February, 2010 at 17:46
  • Keltickurse
    Beginner March 2011
    Keltickurse ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty sure they dony allow any kind of religious music whatsoever - they even ban Angels by Robbie Williams.

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Both the music choices you have mentioned are banned from civil ceremonies! You can still go for the traditional wedding march like "here comes the bride" and Mendellsons "wedding march". You can't have any songs that mention god, angels, heaven etc. If you're looking for classical pieces what about Pachelbel Canon in D that's a lovely piece of music and great to walk down the aisle to. For when you're married why not have a song that means something to you and your then husband. Perhaps one of the songs considered for your first dance. U2 All I want is you is a great song (we have it as a starting song at the beginning of our wedding dvd) but there is such alot out there to choose from - Shania Twain is very popular as so is westlife and take that. Breaking away from the usual songs - how about some old swing classics such as At Last by etta james, It had to be you - Harry Connick Jnr or Michael Buble's Everything! Songbird by Eva Cassidy is a very moving song too!

T x

• M
    Beginner May 2011
    mysticcuddles ·
    • Hide content

Thxs for the replies and will conisder the choices. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics