Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner October 2012

Civil ceremony music question

oct18bride, 22 September, 2012 at 19:47 Posted on Planning 0 4

I appreciate that this may be a silly question but do any of you clever people know what is classed as 'religious' music and therefore banned from civil wedding ceremonies?

Obviously hymns and the like, but what about more mainstream music that may reference heaven or thank god etc - are those no no's as well?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I feel like an utter muppet for this not occurring to me before.

4 replies

Latest activity by oct18bride, 22 September, 2012 at 21:04
  • katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

I will be watching this thread as Im wondering too. i think it's all down to the individual registrar but im not sure. I have heard people say that songs like Robbie Williams Angels isnt allowed if thats something to go off? x

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Some registrars are more strict than others but I've been told some won't even allow Angels, Robbie Williams!!

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

This is completely dependent on the registrar. Some may say yes, while others will say no. You just need to ask them unfortunately!

• O
    Beginner October 2012
    oct18bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice! I was just wondering if there was a cut-off of some kind. Here's hoping our registrar isn't too strict as I go off to double check the lyrics to my songs ...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics