Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner

Civil Ceremony only Bride and Groom?

thesnows, 3 of October of 2015 at 21:45 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello Everyone,

Due to financial issues in the family and both me and my fiancé being very shy, we have decided to go for a civil ceremony in a town hall next month or December with just us and planning on throwing a party early next year. How do we go about planning a civil ceremony, can I wear a wedding dress and have a bouquet and my partner wear a suit and have a buttonhole??? Can we have a photographer to take some photos after, etc etc etc. I don't know where to start! Any help would be very much appreciated!

thank you. X

9 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 8 of October of 2015 at 19:08
  • L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content

You can do exactly what you want at your wedding so of course wear a dress and have a bouquet if that's what you want. And a photographer too. Remember you'll need to take two witnesses to make it legal though Smiley smile

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I'm wearing a wedding dress, a lace mermaid one, OH a suit. I'm having a bouquet and we have booked a photographer Just for an hour. I'm having a civil ceremony in Lapland while there on holiday. We have two witnesses and no other guests.

you can have whatever you want! X

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

A small ceremony like yours is just the same as a larger one. You can still wear the dress of your choice & have flowers etc.

A photographer is a must really, so that you can show all the people who missed it the photos! It's a lovely, stress free way to get married!

• T
    Beginner
    thesnows ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone! Very very helpful! Has anyone on here got married with just them and their fiancé with no other people?

• T
    Beginner
    thesnows ·
    • Hide content

Oh and what would you do after the ceremony? I don't just want to go home! Haha

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Why not book dinner in a posh restaurant and book a night in a 5* hotel for afterwards? You could stay in a hotel with a spa and be pampered the next day.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Just two friends as witnesses for us.

• T
    Beginner
    thesnows ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all. I've decided to not wear my wedding dress as it will look a bit ott. Thinking a smaller or shorter wedding dress or some other dress. Can anyone recommend anything please? X

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

What about a tea length dress, coloured shoes and a nice comb in your hair. You can also get some very small bouquets now then you don't have to worry what your doing with your hands. Waistcoat, no jacket with button hole for h2b?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics