Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2011

Civil ceremony running order & music choices

Sawah, 27 March, 2011 at 20:46 Posted on Planning 0 8

Im pretty sure this will have been asked hundreds of times before.

but what is the actual running order for a civil ceremony like where do readings and poems and vows all come? can you point me to any websites?

We are also starting to think of songs to be played through out the ceremony just wondering what you ladies have choosen for
Guests being seated
Walking down the aisle
signing the register
leaving as a married couple
first dance

8 replies

Latest activity by Arquard, 28 March, 2011 at 09:04
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Didn't you get a pack from the registrar when you'd both given notice? Ours told us what we could choose from and the order in which they ran.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    superlauren321 ·
    • Hide content

When we gave notice to the registrar we were sent a pack with details of the vows, and in that there was a run through of how the ceremony would 'pan out'.dont know if you would get anything like this

sadly, due to a mass clear out, i cant find it at the moment, but if you're still struggling let me know and ill try and find it for you

xxx

• S
    Beginner September 2011
    Sawah ·
    • Hide content

No we werent given on ? maybe I should phone them see if they have one they can send me if i cant find anything on the internet

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Most councils will be the same but as I don't know where you're getting married, here's the page for Hampshire: https://www3.hants.gov.uk/registration/registration-marriage.htm

Click on the "Weddings in Hampshire brochure", give it a moment to open, and go to pages 13-15 for details of the service, the components and some suggested readings and music.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

How long ago did you give notice of marriage? I got mine through about a week after. I'm waiting to be able to pick up the papers and take them to the local registrar to my venue so we can sort stuff out with them.

I have no idea on music yet!!! I'm so behind with so much stuff! ☹️

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

We didn't get a pack either. All we got was a sheet of paper that we have to fill in with our choice of vowels on one side and music/reading choices etc on the other

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

We got a book with a brif run throw and some vows but nothing to fill in or any thing iam going to email them and find out if there is any thing we need to fill out

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

We got a little booklet with some suggested readings and a form to fill out with what music we were having, the names of the readings and tick boxes for which of the contracting and declaratory words we've chosen. Beyond that, we've had naff all! I've looked online and found some really good civil ceremony summaries from different councils so I've copied and pasted a load together, complete with the vows I want us to have so that when we go and see the registrar again on May 3rd, I can say "THIS is how I'd like the whole ceremony to go. Can we do this, pretty please?". It takes up about 2 sides of A4 typed out on Word.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics