Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

princess_sparkle
Beginner August 2013

Civil Ceremony Sunday Timing Restrictions?

princess_sparkle, 11 February, 2012 at 11:14 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello,

We have just booked the venue for our wedding next year, we chose the August bank holiday Sunday 25th however it has just occured to me that this might restrict us on the time we can get married? I am going to phone the registrar on Monday but thought I would see if anyone on here knew of any timing restrictions that there might be?

THanks

Sara

8 replies

Latest activity by debs35, 11 February, 2012 at 23:32
  • *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Registrars normally have set working hours during which they will perform a ceremony. I think ours was 11-5 on a Saturday and the ceremony had to begin on the hour. I would imagaine a Sunday would be similar, or maybe finish a bit earlier.

So if you email them they would tell you what hours would be available. The fact it is a bank holiday the next day, should not affect the Sunday operating hours.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We are having a sunday wedding, not near or on a bank hol. The time slots available to us were only 2pm or 3.30pm and we were provisionally booking 18 months ahead. This was simply because of the district and the hours the registrars had on sundays. Just ring the office and check, they are the best people to ask.

• princess_sparkle
    Beginner August 2013
    princess_sparkle ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for everyone's help, it seems it is different for each office, we are getting married in South Lodge, Horsham which is the West Sussex registrar - where are all of your weddings?

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

It's so nice to hear from others who are getting married on a Sunday too! We had the choice of any time for ours as no one else was booked in on the date. As others have said, I think 4:30 or 5pm is the latest they'll do. We're doing 2pm. We're getting married at Orchardleigh in Frome - Shepton Mallet registry office.

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married this august bank holiday - on the Sunday! I think the times we had to choose from were 12pm and 1pm (we went for 1pm) but that's probably due to it being only a few months from now; we only booked a few weeks ago.

• Nik_Nak
    Beginner September 2011
    Nik_Nak ·
    • Hide content

We got married on a Sunday in Hertfordshire and no restrictions were mentioned. Anyway, South Lodge - love the place!!! One of my best friends got married there and the location / service / food was top notch.

• D
    Beginner August 2013
    debs35 ·
    • Hide content

I should think it depends on the area. But we are getting married on a sunday, August bank hol 2013! and as it was so far ahead we could choose any time we wanted. So chose 1.30pm. I dont know if there was a restricted time being a sunday. But just give them a ring, I found them really friendly and helpful.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics