Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*libby*
Beginner June 2011

Civil ceremony wedding music...

*libby*, 8 April, 2011 at 13:17 Posted on Planning 0 12

I really wanted a string quartet but have finally accepted that we won't be able to afford one.

So am starting to look into wedding music for the ceremony. When I wanted the string quartet it was easy to choose as anything sounds beautiful but with 'normal songs' on a cd its a bit different. Coulod I get away with a string quartet on cd or is that just not the same??

I need... (i think)

Music for guests seating (i'm sure i was told 3 songs but could be wrong)

Me walking in

Signing of register

Both of us leaving

Its a civil ceremony. What are you all having?

Ta!

12 replies

Latest activity by caweena, 8 April, 2011 at 22:29
  • Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

We're having a piper playing as guests arriving.

Songbird by Eva Cassidy as I walk down 'the aisle'

haven't decided yet what we'll have playing during the signing of the register

Then our friend is playing some tunes on the piano for us as guests are mingling during champagne/canapes reception.

Can't you take a CD along to your venue to try it out and get a feel for it??

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

I may do that, i have a great list of questions for them. We are hopefully getting married outside and hadn't even thought how they would do the music as asumed wed have the quartet. I like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGhWRMGHHe8 or anything by vitamin string quartet for that matter.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

We are having a string quartet.

Before I arrive we are having a mix of classical music (whatever is popular at weddings, I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to composers and titles).

Then Adele - Make you feel my love as myself and me bridesmaids enter.

Then for the signing the register Here Comes the Sun (Beatles), Kissing You (Des'ree) & Halo (Beyonce)

Then Mr Blue Sky for when we walk back up the aisle.

• maryg111
    Beginner May 2011
    maryg111 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is a church wedding but we're not having church music (apart from the hymns!)

for guests coming in we are having a few classical pieces - pachelbel's canon, queen of sheeba, etc

walking in - over the rainbow (glee version)

signing register - one day like this (elbow) and the prayer (charlotte church/josh groban) - although this prob wouldn't be allowed, but songbird (eva cassidy) would be our other choice

walking out - she's so lovely (scouting for girls)

good luck deciding - i think that's been the most difficult part of the whole wedding planning!!

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

Oh yeah i love adele but OH doesn't so may have to fight him on that one!

Does anyone know could i have this version of 'hallelujah' as its only an intrumental version for a civil ceremony or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2pAnF1o_JY

• maryg111
    Beginner May 2011
    maryg111 ·
    • Hide content

Libby, re the string quartet - have you thought about approaching local collages/schools/6th forms? often the students doing music a-level need to get the experience as part of their a-level and are often fantastic - my friend had a string quartet from a local 6th form and they were amazing and they hardly cost anything....might be worth enquiring?!

• jordas20
    jordas20 ·
    • Hide content

String quartets can be expensive - and, well, a string quartet always sounds like a string quartet. A violin and piano mix is cheaper and much more versatile, and we can play anything you like - from Vivaldi to the Verve! We can play on through drinks receptions and wedding breakfasts so do give us a call if we can help. Good luck with your day!

Simon

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content

We really struggled with our music as we had so many songs that we like but we settled with these

guest arriving - savage garden, truley madly deeply

myself & bridemaids arrival - canon in d

signing of the register - brian adams, everything i do & Humble pie - your so good for me

leaving as husband and wife Smiley smile - elbow, one day like this

we wanted modernish songs and songs which meant something to us Smiley smile

Hope that helps x

• K
    Beginner February 2012
    Kym134 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a choir singing hallelujah before we come in then happy together and each chorus has one section of bridal party coming in then say a little prayer for you on way out. Hallelujah is fine as it is not specicially religious.

• ScillyB2B
    Beginner June 2012
    ScillyB2B ·
    • Hide content

Its funny how the same songs tend to be used.

I'm having make you feel my love while the guests are sitting down- but not adele's version-I was annoyed when she brought it out as I thought I had a really unusual choice that people wouldnt know, (I rarely have unusual music knowledge!!) ah well. also Tom Baxter's better, and one other, not sure what yet. I'm coming in to a really gentle version of canon in D, and we're going out to jack johnson better together. I cant decide what to have when we're signing the register. OH want something classical rather than a song, am currently thinking Debussy's clare de lune but it changes daily.

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

We're not having any music. Honestly, I remember my sister stressing over the music for her wedding a few years ago and not a single member of my family can remember even noticing it!! I've chosen music for evening and because I work in the hotel where we're having out wedding breakfast I've been able to choose the selection to be played during that... I'm not allowing myself to stress any further over music - I could obsess but being very restrained!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics