Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2017

Civil Ceremony Wedding Music - Ideas For What We Can Play Whilst Signing The Register

LuxuriousIvoryDiamonds550, 8 of July of 2016 at 17:26 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi Everyone.

I'm looking for inspiration as to what songs I should play whilst we sign the register. It always helps reading what others have chosen. I see a lot of people are saying go upbeat but I really want a romantic feel so I want to stay with slow(ish) love songs. I've gone through so many song lists and posts but I just can't find songs that I am like YES I must use this! I love Ellie Gouldings version of How Long Will I Love You but. . . my sister in law to be used this song as her processional and I'm thinking would it be rude if we used it whilst we signed the register? I also like Shania Twain - From This Moment On (another beautiful song with amazing lyrics) but I feel this song may be a bit dated with the songs I have chosen for the processional and recessional. I will list my choices below. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

The songs I've chosen so far-

Processional - Christina Perri - A Thousand Years (beautiful song)

Recessional - Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud

Many Thanks

Jade

17 replies

Latest activity by jamborina, 16 of July of 2016 at 23:05
  • B
    Beginner March 2016
    BuryBride ·
    • Hide content

We had all I want is you by U2. We'd put how long will I love you to be played first but he put them the wrong way round and the U2 song was long enough on its own. The singer/ guitarist we hired played how long will I one you as our first song at our drinks reception live so I let him off. I wouldn't be upset if my sister used a song I had. I would like it. Go with what you love. It's your day.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

We're having Alicia Keys - Not Even the King - and another one which we haven't decided on yet.

• L
    Beginner July 2017
    LuxuriousIvoryDiamonds550 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for your help. Your end sentence is spot on it made me say to myself just play the song! I've not found any other songs that give me the same feeling and i don't want to settle for a different song out of fear of upsetting someone. I love how long will i love you as does my future husband so I think we really want to use it. I think i will tell her first though that we intend to use it instead of just playing it. I'm just a bit worried about telling her as her sister in law on her husbands side said she was going to use their first dance song as hers if she ever gets married and she seemed a bit peeved by it! Fingers crossed she won't mind

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content

I am sure she won't, it is a beautiful song and so fitting for a wedding.

My best friend had Halo by Beyonce while signing the register which worked as a wedding song too.

• L
    Beginner July 2017
    • Hide content

I've seen halo appear on a few lists now and seen as it's by Beyoncé it could be one to put in the running. Sweet Dreams by Beyoncé is 'our song' which i wanted to include but i just don't think it will fit in anywhere. I did find a lovely cover version of sweet dreams though on youtube with just someones stunning voice and a piano. Thank you for your help

• L
    Beginner July 2017
    • Hide content

I've just had to youtube this song as I'd never heard it but it has some beautiful lyrics! I love the story the song is telling

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content

It is beautiful.

She had Heaven as her first dance but did tell me after she wished she had Halo instead.

• E
    Beginner May 2017
    Ellensmummy ·
    • Hide content

I'm walking down the aisle to Marry Me by Train. Have a listen. It's stunning x

• L
    Beginner July 2017
    • Hide content

Seriously thank you so much for your help. I think we've decided to move Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud to play whilst we're signing the register and then will probably put how long will i love you as a second song if needed then hopefully if we have to play it the future sister in law won't think we've copied her song choice too much ?. Then our recessional song is now going to be Halo instead ?? the future husband was singing along to it whilst i was playing it so it is deffo a winner! first dance is going to be Nathan Sykes - Over And Over Again ❤️ I've had the first dance song chosen since we booked the wedding 6 months ago. I really love that song!

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content

Aww yay! ?

• S
    Beginner September 2016
    Shikaka1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!!!

We are having the Piano Guys version of Christina Perri - A thousand years as i walk down the aisle and then for the signing of the register we have decided to go with Jack Johnson - Better Together.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I know you have decided, but we had:

walking in- Canon in D

Signing- Kissed by a Rose by Seal

Walking out- I do, I do, I do by Abba

Cake cutting- A thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    Laurensmum ·
    • Hide content

We are having: First day of my life by Bright Eyes. YouTube...it's gorgeous!

• L
    Beginner July 2017
    • Hide content

Many thanks ladies ☺️ There has been some lovely song suggestions put forward ❤️

• D
    Beginner December 2016
    DB2016 ·
    • Hide content

We are having the instrumental version of Whiter Shade of Pale for walking down the aisle. Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran and acoustic version of Everlong (Foo Fighters) for signing the register. Then Stellify by Ian Brown for walking out.

Our first dance song is All I Want is You (U2)

xx

• L
    Beginner July 2017
    • Hide content

I love Ed Sheeran - tenerife sea and think the opening to the song is wedding perfect 'you look so wonderful in your dress' but my sister in law to be also had that whilst she was signing the register. She took most of the popular current wedding songs that i like ?? i wish i could have tenerife sea ? Xx

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

We're going Richard Hawley mad. We were told to have three songs so having; Valentine, Heart of Oak and Seek it

• jamborina
    Dedicated August 2016
    jamborina ·
    • Hide content

Processional is The Shape of Things to Come from the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack.

Signing the register they advised us to pick 3: The Rains of Castamere from game of thrones, Baba Yetu from Civ IV, and a really nice violin cover of one of the songs from the Skyrim score.

Recessional: Still Alive, the credits song from Portal.

We had lots of fun putting this together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics