Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner February 2016

Civil Ceremony- What song are you walking down the aisle to?

BearFeb2016, 22 of October of 2015 at 13:14 Posted on Planning 0 33

I'm completely stuck for a song/piece of music to walk down the aisle to, what are you girls using?

33 replies

Latest activity by 2nd_timer, 30 of October of 2015 at 23:58
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I'm using a normal song that means something to us however I've found an instrumental version of it on violin by one of my favourites. So I'm having david garrett I'll stand by you. I also think it will work well in an ice chapel.

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

I was just looking at ideas for this yesterday, I don't know what to have! I don't want anything too cheesy but want it to be nice, we don't really have any songs that mean anything to us, except cheesy pop songs that would not be suitable ?

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I'm walking down to a string version of Coldplay's Sky Full of Stars, which was the song that was playing when OH proposed.

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    kay_ ·
    • Hide content

I've discovered that 'The Piano Guys' do a lot of lovely piano covers to popular songs. So my ceremony is basically all piano covers, ha!

At the moment I'm thinking about walking down the aisle to the wedding march (O'Neill Brothers). But for guests entering I'm having Just the way you are - Piano Guys and A Thousand years - Piano guys. I'm not sure what song to have on when we're signing the register, tempted by one of the lovely ones from the Disney wedding song album (all piano covers again).

I haven't had any of mine signed off by the registrar or anyone yet so not sure if they are suitable or not (we're having a civil ceremony) Smiley smile

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Was just going to suggest piano guys lol. They do a lot that are lovely as instrumental versions.

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh thanks I may take a look at them, I like the idea of instrumental tracks! Apologies BearFeb I've hijacked your post xxx

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a church ceremony but am having Paradise by Coldplay play by a string quartet

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairycake135 ·
    • Hide content

I walked down the aisle to Pachelbel's Canon - a true classic and favourite for ceremonies, I've always known since the first time I ever heard the piece of music this would be the song I walk down the aisle to, it was all I could imagine when thinking about the day. We had a harpist play, it was just perfect.

• UnionJackDream
    Beginner March 2016
    UnionJackDream ·
    • Hide content

My brownies are gunna sing I think I wanna marry you first verse and chorus for my bridal party to walk down to, then my bridesmaid will sing At Last for me xx

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

Some lovely songs and ideas here. Think instrumental is beautiful and just adds to a wedding atmosphere. Am not getting married in a church but a castle/venue instead and they built a new room and its based on more of a chapel style. Am having Here, There and Everywhere instrumental with strings by the Beatles. I loved it since hearing Phoebe and Mike in friends having it and we are both from Liverpool so seems suitable.

Am having my bridesmaid's walk up before me to instrumental of Tale as Old as Time from Beauty and the Beast and will probably have more instrumental when guest's start to arrive. Thinking of One day my prince will come from Snow White, Edelweiss from Sound of Music and something by Elvis perhaps.

I couldn't afford a string quartet but they sound beautiful, hoping my CD player doesn't break.

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairycake135 ·
    • Hide content

How funny RachD90 - 2 of the songs you mentioned are those our harpist played during the signing of the register - Edelweiss from Sound of Music and Tale as Old as Time from Beauty and the Beast. Both are very beautiful tunes!

• L
    Beginner October 2016
    Lakesbride16 ·
    • Hide content

Fairycake 135 - I'm exactly the same. I heard about the song being a popular choice and as soon as I googled it, I fell in love with it! It's a beautiful piece!

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Game of thrones theme tune..... Smiley winking

• rockabird
    Beginner May 2017
    rockabird ·
    • Hide content

We are thinking on something instrumental from Blackmores Night. We have a castle venue for the ceremony so needs to be something that will go with that and also we are big history geeks :-)

I love the idea of Tale as Old as Time though :-)

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

You're lovely by Michelle Tumes! i just love it! Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner October 2015
    BridgetJonesNoLonger ·
    • Hide content

Like others have said Piano Guys are good. Vitamin String Orchestra might also be worth a look if you want classical covers of modern songs.

Bx

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

We are having a piece of music called River Flows In you by Yiruma. It was actually also in Twilight which im not a fan of necessarily but the piece of music is actually really nice.

• Lui
    Beginner October 2015
    Lui ·
    • Hide content

I’m having somewhere over the rainbow as I’m a big Wizard of Oz fan.

It also reminds me of spending time at my grandparents house so wanted it as they both won’t be there on the day I get married.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids are being piped in with bagpipes to amazing grace.

My H2B doesn't know but I will be having I'll Never Stop Loving You by Doris Day for me walking down as a nod to my Aunt who loved Doris Day but sadly passed away in April (H2B had told her in January that he was planning to propose so she was the first to know!).

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Having You're My Best Friend by Queen and You Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story while we sign the register Smiley smile

UnionJack love that you are having people sing for you!

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Aiming for Matt Cardle Amazing. Fella and I met by chance on internet dating - although he used to live fairly close, and his mum and children still do, he moved away and wasn't looking in this area, hoping to make more of a life where he was. I happened to pop up as a suggestion one day, so the lyrics kind of fit.

While we're signing the register I'd love to find a copy of something by William Shatner from Star Trek. My sister was trawling youtube new years eve finding some really dodgy stuff 'sung' by him, and all along the OH was planning on a romantic proposal (in my mums kitchen with the family around) when Big Ben chimed. It was a bit rushed thanks to us all crying with laughter and almost missing the bongs, but was lovely anyway. It would be a bit of an in joke for us, my sisters and my mum.

Though might switch things round a bit. And don't know if I should tell him what I want to walk in to or leave it as a surprise...

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

At a friend's wedding, she walked down the aisle to Glasgow Love Theme from the Love Actually soundtrack, played on the piano (by my OH). The BMs came in first, one by one, then her, and the music worked really well because although it was only a couple of pages, he could just keep playing it and then gradually fade out when needed. I didn't think it would work because it's from a sad bit in the film, but it turned out to be really beautiful.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

We're using this. It's from one of OH's favourite childhood movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0jOorvVfa8

• K
    Beginner April 2016
    ktb30 ·
    • Hide content

We're having marry me by train, it may be a little predictable but i love the words.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

We're thinking of Glasgow Love Theme from Love Actually. As Chale said, it's quite a sad piece of music but Love Actually is a film that means a lot to my OH and I, and we want it to play a part in the ceremony.

The alternative is the Portuguese Love Theme from the film, which is slightly more 'upbeat' but longer.

What we're struggling on is the music for signing the register and to walk out on. I'd like Moves Like Jagger as we leave (it's our holiday song and play it as loud as we can whenever we're en route to destination) but OH thinks it'll be too 'in your face'...

• Beckcible
    Beginner August 2016
    Beckcible ·
    • Hide content

Me and my other half are Legend of Zelda nerds so I am walking down to aisle to a harp version of Zelda's Lullaby ?

• C
    Beginner July 2016
    Chaffinch ·
    • Hide content

Was thinking living on a prayer Bon Jovi but will they allow it as it's got 'prayer' in it?

• E
    Beginner March 2017
    elliek92 ·
    • Hide content

We're thinking of having 'I'm yours' by The Script. OH has basically given me free reign on the music but luckily this song he quite likes!

• B
    Beginner July 2016
    bananacatdance ·
    • Hide content

A bit unconventional but I love the chorus of natasha bedingfield's "these words" so think we're going with that!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dszlw_kzNbc

• Kat Furlong
    Beginner October 2016
    Kat Furlong ·
    • Hide content

NoMoore - we're having your my best friend by Queen to sign the register to as well!

I adore Adagio for strings (my favourite piece of music) but it's far too sad. Thinking of Canon in D because that's what princess Mia had in Princess Diaries and I LOVE the films! Other than that, I really can't decide.

Love the Beauty and the Beast suggestion!

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It didn't have a 'sad' feeling on the day at all; it was floaty and beautiful and dreamy and ahhhh I'm drifting off a little just remembering it!

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

That's what I'm hoping, Chale - and even if guests think it's sad, it only has happy memories for us Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics