Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

chloe24
Beginner June 2014

Classic mini car hire help sussex

chloe24, 24 of November of 2013 at 18:04 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi everyone,

im struggling....I want to hire a mini car (the old type!) for my OH as he is mini made, but struggling to find someone local

there is someone who does a stretch limo mini which is cool but not really what I'm after. Anyone have any mini contacts? We are in East Sussex, near tunbridge wells

x

6 replies

Latest activity by chloe24, 25 of November of 2013 at 18:10
  • Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

This website seems to have a few minis in the south east: https://www.starcarhire.co.uk/

Failing that, my mini crazy OH would probably be happy to drive your OH to the wedding in our classic mini (she's a silver and black, 1991 mini Mayfair, not in the best condition, but he would probably only charge you for the petrol!) We are in Tunbridge Wells but he grew up in Crowborough, small world!

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Check these guys out: https://smallcarbigcity.com/weddings

I have been in one of their cars for a London tour - it was fab and the business owner really knows his stuff.

When hiring a wedding car, it is worth going with a business as the supplier must legally have special wedding car insurance on their vehicle :-)

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Surely that only applies if you are using a business? What about people who hire taxis or have friends drive them? The usher who's taking me in his 2CV most definitely does not have wedding insurance!

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

I believe that is only applies if hired (if money is exchanged). Where it is family or a friend, my best advice would be to check with the vehicle owners insurance policy to confirm cover :-)

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahh that makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying for me Smiley smile

• chloe24
    Beginner June 2014
    chloe24 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies Smiley smile I wan to put a post up on th mini forum but my OH goes on the mini forum a lot n don't want him to see :-/ not sure how I get passed that one.

X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics