Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

knitting_vixen
Beginner September 2011

classy hen games/tricks/activities

knitting_vixen, 21 January, 2011 at 15:15 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi ladies,

My SIL's hen party is coming up and we are trying to think of some things to do during the hen party- i.e. a few little surprises for the bride.

Her hen do is a rather classy affair- having vintage hair-dos done in salon, high tea, followed by vintage style caberet night (in which we get to show off our hair dos and vintage clothes.

Can anyone suggest any games/surprises/activities that we can spring on her during the hen do (that doesn't involve willies/l plates/veils etc)?

3 replies

Latest activity by knitting_vixen, 21 January, 2011 at 16:27
  • Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

I have played "the memory sack" at two of my friends hen parties... Each guest brings a 'gift' (not a proper present or necesarily an expensive one). The present represents a memory the guest has of the bride. All the presents are wrapped up and put into some sort of sack/bag. The bride picks out a present over the course of the party and has to guess who it is from and what is the memory. It is a nice way of breaking the ice if not everyone knows each other and also gets lots of laughs. You can add in forefeits if the bride gets it wrong but it works well without. e.g. I got a toy bus for one of my friends on her hen do and it represented the time we were together and she fell from top to bottom of the stairs of a double decker bus in London!!

The Mr & Mrs quiz always goes down well and you can use whatever kind of questions you want for that.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I saw this and thought it was sweet...

One of the most classy hen night games to play is one that involves giving advice to the bride. Whether you are already married or not, everyone has heard bits of wisdom on how to keep a marriage working throughout the years. Marriage is work and a little advice from friends and family can never hurt. The hostess can hand out pens and index cards to each guest. They will then write their advice on how to keep the marriage fresh throughout the years. This is one of the classy hen night games that have multiple uses.

The hostess can gather all the cards and paste them into a nice keepsake album to be given to the bride. The bride can then reference these words when she wants to remember the classy hen night games or if she wants to hear what her friends and family had to say. This is a great way to share experiences and talk about the ups and downs of a marriage during the hen night.

But more up my street is the 'making a weddin gdress out of white bin bags and loo roll!' ?

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    mrs_lewis_2b ·
    • Hide content

What I recently did at my friends hen do was a quiz..... I put together about 10 questions (some rude and some not) and asked her H2B what the answers were... ie:

1. Where did you share your first kiss?

2. What did your OH want to be when he grew up?

3. Does your OH prefer cats / dogs?

4. What's the most shocking place you've "done it"? (this one, when she answered "his mums", I said - nope, he said "your a$$" - he didn't really - it was just to make her laugh and blush!! lol) but this depends on how well you know your Hen!!

etc. For each question she go wrong, she had to do a forfeit!!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, these are all fab suggestions...

?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics