Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner May 2012

Clean Heels heel protectors?

dlees81, 1 of May of 2012 at 10:10 Posted on Planning 0 14

I am looking at getting these as I'm going to have to negotiate grass and more worryingly gravel in my very high wedding heels. I know this is a long shot, but any OMs out there used them and found them useful? or indeed anyone used them for other events?

http://www.lovemedobrides.com/Clean_Heels_Flexible_Heelstoppers_Crystal_Rose_Free_Organza_Bag_.aspx?i=5005&c=109

This is the best pic I could find for what I was looking at, but I think I would get them from tszuji.co.uk, as they're cheaper. Obviously need to get them soon if I'm gonna!

14 replies

Latest activity by alasota@pennyheels.co.uk, 23 of January of 2013 at 09:55
  • Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Yes they're a great purchase if you're going to be negotiating grass and gravel - I often suggest them to our brides if they're going to have stiletto heels - stops you sinking backwards and also keeps your heels clean! They're also known as penny heels, this is another website you can buy them from http://www.pennyheels.co.uk/

Ali x

• A
    andrewj ·
    • Hide content

Those are brilliant, i'm often saying that Brides should have some of those little cup like things that go under chair/furniture legs to protect the floor! Honestly, a great idea & well woth getting, it doesn't take much to get a piair of white/ivory shoes ruined, either those or a pair of wellies?

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

Oooo interesting, never heard of them... can you see them on your heels? Like would guests notice them?

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Yes they're clear plastic but you can see them. They're really easy to pop on to your heels so you could just get your mum or a bridesmaid to hang onto them until you're venturing onto the grass etc

Ali x

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I have bought some, they come in different diameters so make sure you get the right size for your heel. I will pop them on after the ceremony to go out doors for photo's.

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

I was fortunate in that I didn't have to negotiate any grass or gravel for mine (well not including the grass at mum and dads house before we left and that just involved standing for some photos ) so I didn't need these, but I love them and they are a great idea. Any brides to be I happen to know about I always suggest something like these. Wonderful invention!

• honeybee9
    Beginner May 2012
    honeybee9 ·
    • Hide content

I've got penny heels and tested them out the other week (they do work!!) but only 1 was sticky, any ideas? Would double sided tape work to keep it on??

• celo1
    Beginner May 2012
    celo1 ·
    • Hide content

I've gone for these - http://starlettos.co.uk/gallery.cfm as our wedding is on a farm and with the weather we have been having recently I dont trust myself not to be sinking ankle deep!

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all, just thought I'd give a quick review as got the morning to myself so tried them out today on our front lawn and gravel drive.

(Obviously they fitted my shoes fine Smiley smile) They coped with the lawn fine (even though it needs a mow ?, but they did sink right through the (fairly newly laid) gravel a couple of times. I only ever wear flats so can't complain really, I wouldn't want to make the heel any bigger than these Clean Heels make them, so this is as good as it's going to get. I think the heels by themselves would have sunk with every step so it is an improvement. Just need to make sure I've got someone to hold onto while I'm walking across I think!

• alasota@pennyheels.co.uk
    alasota@pennyheels.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hello

PennyHeels have just become a registered supplier on Hitched and just wanted to highlight that we have a new and improved product for 2013.

Please have a look at our website for further information, but they would certainly address your concerns.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

I've looked at these before. Do you wear them the whole time?

I'll be coming straight out of the church and probably straight onto grass for photos?

• Mrs.P.To.Be
    Beginner March 2013
    Mrs.P.To.Be ·
    • Hide content

Wow, I'd never heard of these - they're fab! My wedding is going to be at a very rural venue so something like this would be perfect ?

• Hide content

Hi, thanks for your question.

Yes, you can wear them the whole time, the adhesive will certainly last as long as you need them.

Just make sure the heel is clean (with the included wipe) and dry when you apply them.

I would say, over the course of the day/evening, with lots of dancing and spinning, they may become dislodged, but really, that should only occur if you are having a really great time!!

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. Just ordered some!

• Hide content

Great. Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups