Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jelly baby

Cleaning laminate flooring

jelly baby, 13 of August of 2008 at 12:19 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

How do you clean your laminate floor ? I keep seeing loads of "miracle" items such as special cloths, mops etc. So what do you use or what can you recommend ?

Oh yes - I have a very exciting life !

8 replies

Latest activity by Victor, 26 of June of 2024 at 09:01
  • cornflake girl
    Beginner August 2007
    cornflake girl ·
    • Hide content

I use floor wipes which attach to one of those flat sponge types of mop. They stop the floor from getting too wet as you're not supposed to get laminate floor too wet as it can cause the flooring to warp.

• B
    bobbly1 ·
    • Hide content

I've got a pledge spray and just wipe it over with a cloth.

• Lili Donkey
    Beginner July 2006
    Lili Donkey ·
    • Hide content

We tend to run the hoover round daily and then every now and then I use the Flash mop thingy although to be honest it doesn't do a very good job, hence why I don't do it very often!

I've got a laminate floor spray too which I use if something has been spilt on the floor and I use an anti bac spray around where the cat bowls are.

I've never found a good solution, it's one of the reasons I wouldn't ever have laminate again...

• NeoShoegal
    NeoShoegal ·
    • Hide content

We just use the vaccuum cleaner.

If we spill something it's a combination of kitchen paper and antibacterial wet wipes. So far it still looks fine.

• jelly baby
    jelly baby ·
    • Hide content

Generally I just hoover too and then the cleaner sorted out any spills etc. (yes, I'm slovenly) but as we no longer had a cleaner I thought I better see if there was any good way of doing it. It appears there isn't though. Will just have to get down on my hands and knees.

• Emmark
    Beginner September 2008
    Emmark ·
    • Hide content

I hoover mine and then go over it with this steam mop: https://www.ciao.co.uk/Home_Tek_HT824_Steam_MOP__6653882

It comes with re-usable pads which you just put in the wash when dirty. It does seem to work.

• spacecadet_99
    Beginner
    spacecadet_99 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Daily? <faints>

I just buy those floor cloth things - I think they're flash but couldn't swear to it. We try to sweep the kitchen one once a week and clean up spills as and when, and will usually get down on hands and knees for a wipe every month or so. I'm such a minger aren't I?

• RoseyRo
    Beginner January 2013
    RoseyRo ·
    • Hide content

I hoover once a week and wipe over with those floor wipes maybe once or twice a week depending on how filthy it looks. Once a month I do the hands and knees clean. I dread it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics